Help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies.

Since having my 3rd child nearly 20 months ago I found the problems began a few months after my periods returned to normal but after a few months became irregular sometimes being a few days late up to a few weeks. After seeing a nurse she told me to go on the pill to even them out but I did not want to go on the pill. Anyhow my periods have now gone from me being on for 5 to 7 days to now 1 day of heavy bleeding then day 2 a chocolate looking colour. I have now started with pain in my pelvic area feels like I have pulled a muscle and when I walk feels like my insides are going to fall out. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar if so what was the diagnosis xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is very possible that an ovarian cyst could be the cause to your irregular periods. Before I got mine out I had my period twice a month, for about 3-4 days each. Not normal. Also, the pain you're describing as "pulling a muscle" is the exact description I would give my cyst pain. I was diagnosed with a five cm dermoid cyst in my right ovary. I suggest you get it checked out, if you're having symptoms now, it's better now than never. Take care!

• Posted

Thank you for your comment. I haven't been able to get an appointment with the doctor but they have a sit and wait clinic tomorrow so I'm not going to budge until they see me as I have always had regular cycles so I am sure there is something going on but didn't no if it was just all in my head. Xx

• Posted

Kayley,

I had 'chocolate' periods with my cysts as well. Grew to the size of kiddie size soccer balls in less than 18 months! I could actually feel one of them when pushing tender area when lying on my back.

An ultrasound is not unreasonable considering your symptoms. Stand firm but respectful. Fight for your health.

Best of luck!!!

• Posted

Thank you beenthersr

Wow they was a good size wasn't they must of been painful for you. I am up and ready now to go and wait at the doctors as with each kids I cant afford to be ill. May I ask what symptoms you had. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.