Help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 5 wk into my tkr and my knee is looking a bit blue .it feels realy warm to the touch but funny pulling sensation when i straighten my knee?it this normal anyone??x

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I am post 6 months and my knee is still warm to the touch and constantly feels like it is in a vice sad

• Posted

Hi Janice, I am 5weeks too - I am sure others will give you proper advice re the warmth.  One thing I have learnt so far is that we are all different, and almost everything seems normal! Personally was getting much better and suddenly having two bad days. However, bend is improving, I don't know what to, as I am having physio tomorrow.  How is everything else for you?

Don't worry, someone will answer with help I am sure.

Regards

• Posted

Everything else is ok(apart from the sleepless nights)im bending n straightning it great and the achy feeling is only bad at nights but painkillers helping a little.i dont see my physio for another 2 wks as when she came 2wk ago said my calf was to swollen n doctor took blood but that came bak ok .doing excercises n icepack n resting ams told by hospitaml.xx
    • Posted

Glad I'm not the only one - daily round of exercises, meds, ice, elevate, rest and little sleep! great that you have a good bend and straightening x

• Posted

Its so frustrating when you start making progress then have couple of bad days and you feel like your straight back to the start again thats the only thing.xx
  • Posted

Hey Janice

I'm not quite 5 weeks but my knee is still warm to touch. Not blue but very stiff- can't say I love this but my doc and pt keep telling me there is a light at the end of this tunnel - urgh- hang in!

• Posted

Hi Janice and other new  tkr'ers, this is a very long journey you are on. You will not be pain free for quite some time the the pain lessens as time goes on. However your knee should not be blue and it should not be warm. Take a visit to your doctor. Work on straightening your knee (very important) and also on the. Don't rush this, there is an awful lot of healing to be done. Rushing it won't help. For me Knee 1) 15 months - very little pain.... Knee 2) 9 months - still some pain. All normal. I check in with my doctor now and again to keep my mind at rest. You are not on your own, keep in with the physio even if only every now and again and certainly trust your doctor. Good luck there is light at the end of the tunnel :D

• Posted

(very important) also on the bend. (sorry I missed the word 'bend' out)

• Posted

Thanks ElaineA.the blue only seems to be there when im cold but my leg feels warm .i can bend and straighten it no bother and when im not getting the achy pain can walk with 1 crutch.xx
    • Posted

Does anyone else have good days then realy bad days.ive had a good few day but today it feels that dad ive been in tears.its the realy bad achy feeling thats bad today.ive took my meds and done the usual excercise,icepack n rest but for some reason today im struggling.ive cried quite a few times today with it as meds arnt even touching the ache .xx
    • Posted

Janice - this operation sucks! I was not prepared for the pain, the frustration or the depression and anxiety . I'm not sure what the answer is but I'm almost 5 weeks post op and I'm finally starting to feel a little better . I'm still tired and foggy and my doc says this is all normal and it might be a few more weeks till I feel better. I did get off the drugs and I'm taking just Advil and have found the pain isn't that bad. I just want to feel like myself and some days are definitely better than another . Just know you aren't alone we are all in the same boat! There are no simple answers except what you are experiencing is normal !????

• Posted

Thanks barb5947.im 5 wk post tkr..im 51 and not used to having people ru about after me.ive been on crutches since feb when i fell.the doctor said then i needed a tkr but to go bak in 6 wk when swelling had gone down but only i seen a totaly difrent doc n he said was just ostioarthritus n would b ok in a wk but to go bak in 10 wk hense went bak and was booked in then for 1st july for op.i e been house bound since then.i just want to get bak to work n b able to go shopping or take my grandkids for a walk.xx
    • Posted

Boy do I understand - patience patience patience - it's not fun but I'm right there with you!

• Posted

Good and bad days, exactly I understand! I'm 5 weeks today and am terrified by posts  from people with amazing bends, riding bikes and walking for a mile or more at the same stage - then I remind myself that I havent been able to do that for decades whilst waiting to be old enough to have the operation, and read and re-read the advice from Chico Mark, oldfatguy et al.  Yesterday was a very weepy day for me, coupled with my diabetes playing up... today not quite so bad.  I hope you are feeling better today too. x

• Posted

A little susie07313 my main problem is sleeping think that dont help.im getting maybe 3-4hours a night and no matter how much i try i cant sleep through the day.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.