Help??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone else suffers with really bad pain the arches of your feet?

It is really sore and kills me when I walk and stand up also my feet swell??

Any input would be appreciated😘

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

That sounds very familiar. I get needle pains in my foot at intervals, so much so that I can't put weight on it, and it swells, along with my ankle. It's all very odd especially when you know that the root cause is in your spinal cord.

It does come and go, usually when I'm overdoing it. Have you tried logging the responses to see what the triggers are? Sorry...that sounded flipping patronising to someone who is anxious and sore and probably really fed up with it all. It is all a real pain in the backside, literally and metaphorically.

Don't push yourself too hard. We all understand what a horrible thing it is.

• Posted

Thank you for commenting but it literally just comes when ever then will only go once rested for a few hours. And yes it is very frustrating and tiring
    • Posted

It must drive you crazy. There might be someone on here who can offer you something practical.

All the very best.

• Posted

It does it's a nightmare. The best to you too.

• Posted

Very strange. I have been suffering with this most of the year, had my decompression years ago but still get symptoms as do 25% of sufferers according to one of the top Neurosurgeons.. My GPs have been treating me for Gout, then found out through tests no sign of Gout. Then it was Cellulitis, "take painkillers". Fresh thoughts, thank you. A problem with CM symptoms can be misleading, is it CM or something else?

• Posted

Hi yes I had surgery in December and I'm still suffering with symptoms too but not as servere i am going to see my neurologist this month so I'm going to bring it up then. Thank you for your reply

• Posted

Hello,

It could be plantar fascitis. I suffer from it. I bought shoe inserts off the shelf at wal-mart and quit wearing flip flops ( other flat shoes & sandals) and this has helped. I do not have the swelling so it could ne a different condition. I have not read that chiari causes issues with feet. If someone has I would love to hear about it.

• Posted

Just been reading on the Internet. Yes CM can cause problems with feet and legs, Trouble is there are so many varied symptoms for CM people can have different combinations making it hard to diagnose. Swollen, red sore feet - Gout/cellulitis/CM? Very similar. (There is a good video of an American Neurosurgeon remarking after asking the CM patient for symptoms their doctor, after a few minutes, starts thinking how can I get this crank out of my surgery.)
    • Posted

Hi yes I was wondering the same thing if anybody else suffered or was it just me. There are so many other things to go with Cm that doctors never tell you about its quite annoying with different things popping up everywhere lol hope everything is well with yourself
  • Posted

Hithere,Iam glad you send this information,as Iwaswonderingwhat happen with myfeet,soI talk to the Nurse at Ann Conroy Trust- as my headache andnumbness at legs hands are gone. I had decompression 4 months ago,so I started to do exercises and my feet was killing me, the nurse told me for stop doing exercise too far ,reducing the lenght, it seems that is the cause of CM. But when I am off exercising my back started playing up, but after doing yoga//pilate exercises I get better, I have to do it each day. My husband bought me a yoga mat with samples of excersizing printing on it. Its only cost 4.99. It is worth while, as you do it at home firstthingwhen you wake up and before you gotosleep
    • Posted

Hi yes thank you for your idea I might look into its just I suffer with back pain a lot and don't want too make it worse but thank you

• Posted

Also, make sure you drink at least 1.5 - 2ltr of water a day. Magnesium spray help to reduce the pain
  • Posted

Hi I have similar issues. But its hard to say whether it's chiari or something else. if you're in the UK the ask to be referred to a physiotherapist or podiatrist. They're are exercises that you can do to strengthen those muscles and they will probably alleviate some of the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.