Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've tested positive for BV.

The problem is I'm cautious to use the gel to treat it as it says a common side effect is internal stinging and basically I cannot have acidic foods or juices because it gives me that exact pain in my vagina. All doctors can say is it's due to the acid.

So my question is, is there any tablets I can take to treat BV instead of the gel? My pain tolerance is very very low and with my health anxiety I'm pretty sure I will not be able to handle the side effects of the gel without a panic attack due to pain.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    I have the gel also and have not used it but I have taken the pills which worked for me. Can your doctor prescribe the pills instead?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I was scared didn't sting me tho , but then it didn't work either get metronidazole antibiotics from gp they worked for me

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Please Tell Me The Name Of The Pills The Docter Gave You? Thank You.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up