Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning all

I am thinking about registering myself as disabled, pribkem is i dont have a clue where to start!

I have fibro, osteo arthritus in my lumbar spine, depression and anxiety, achillies tendonitus which am currentky having plasma platlet therapy on, which is small operations on the tendons in my ankles, have high utric acid levels which my rheumatologist now says is not gout! But maybe heart disease, On a whole list of medication daily,

I work in a bank 30 hours a week but am struggling with walking very

far and the stairs at wirk and home, i cry alot and dont know what to do, anyone know if i can register as disabled or can get any help?? Thankyou in advance Pip xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear your troubles.  You certainly have been through alot.  Obviously I dont know if you are in the UK but I think it would be wise to speak to the Citizens Advice, they may be able to advise you.  Have you spoken with your GP? I do seriously sympathise with you as myself have a few things although I try to count myself lucky but do struggle at times with walking because of the pain and therefore use a stick although at 41 I feel foolish but hey if it helps I am all for it.  I wish I could be more helpful. 
    • Posted

Yes in uk, spoken with gp many times, maybe citizebs advice good idea of where to go to next, i am 48 but feel 68! Thanks for listening x
    • Posted

Hi Stanley, I'm sorry to hear how you are suffering but can totally relate to your health issues. I had to finally give up my work in finance due to severe pain and memory loss at 51. My work had sent me to an occupational therapist who deemed me unfit to carry on working. On top of fibro/cfs I have widespread osteo, degenerative disc disease in cervical and lumbar spine, under active thyroid, high blood pressure and cholesterol and am also on a whole host of meds. I started off making a call to both ESA and PIP and they asked me some questions over the phone and were actually very helpful. They then sent me out forms and did a home visit to assess me as I was unable to walk distances. I hope this info is of help and I wish you the. Eat of luck. P 😊

• Posted

Hi

I receive PIP and I'm in a wheelchair, I didn't think there was a list anymore like there used to be. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.