Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. About two months ago or so I felt a pressure in my ear and nose that caused headaches so went to doc. He said it's prob sinusitis. Gave me a nasal spray until I stopped feeling the pressure. He never looked in my nose that day.

Went away for a while. Then recently I've been getting headaches again, with bouts of light headedness and sensitivity to light and noise. I saw a diff doctor because my doc wasn't in, and she looked in my nose and said I have very bad allergies in my right nostril. So has given me a nasal spray to use for two months.

So my question for you all is - do nasal allergies cause sinusitis? The doc basically kicked me out after she looked at my nose.

And if anyone deals with anything like this, do you have tips? I still have a headache and I don't do well with them! sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh and additional info - I don't have a runny nose or sneezing or anything although I have noticed my right nostril feels slightly blocked

• Posted

Hi, I've got nasal pressure and I'm sensitive to light and noise, I'm waiting for surgery on my sinuses, I also get nauseous too. I'd definitely go and see an ENT doc..... He'd probably put a camera up your nose and then maybe send you for a mri/ct scan if he thought you had a problem. I can't say I get headaches but I get this awful facial pressure. Good luck

• Posted

I am told by my ENT and allergist the both feel that my sinusitis is caused allegies. So I am currently taking allergy shots along with allergy medication. I am told to be patient and let the shots take their course and my immune system get adjusted to the allergens.but some days I want to the ENT to pull my sinuses out lol . So far nothing has consistently worked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.