HELP!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dr's originally thought my problem was a diseased parathyroid so I underwent surgery for removal. Operation was successful but still horrendous symptoms so in October, 2016 I had thyroid removed along with six noduals. Am on 112 Levo, down this week from 125. They keep adjusting. I am sick most of the time and have trouble defining "sick". Symptoms are all over the place. Heart burn, heart palpation, stomach problems, ringing in ears, tightness in jaw, concentration and memory problems. And it goes on. Anyone else still miserable? Am I expecting too much too soon?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda, I do sympathise and no, you are not alone.

I had half my thyroid removed in May 2016 and the other half in September due to cancer found after first op. Then radioactive iodine in October. I still feel so down, listless, itchy, bad tempered , memory loss, concentration, tense and now with a facial tic, controlled (! ) by Botox. I am on levo 100 mg four days a week and 75mg the other three. I don't feel myself at all. I was speaking to an ex nurse this morning and she said it takes time and thyroid ops always cause problems afterwards.

The worse thing for me is that I have lost my high soprano singing voice and can no longer sing, which was my great love!

Hang in there, there are lots like us suffering in silence and when things are going wrong three months is a long time to wait between check ups

Jenny

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

I am sorry that you've lost your singing voice, for someone who sings that must almost be like losing a limb!

I am not a singer, but used to like to sing, but find my voice even when talking gets gruff & hoarse.

No one seems to be bothered, even in oncology. So assume nothing wrong. I find it sad, for you worse.

It's amazing what the thyroid does or did, when it goes wrong all sorts of things happen.

I had my completion thyroidectomy in May 2014, so consider myself recovered. Apart from the voice

All the best

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Thanks Marilyn, It makes such a difference when someone understands how you feel.

I had the second op deferred because of paresis and the surgeon said it was complicated to get the lump out. It didn't want to leave me and had to be untangled.

Just hoping for the best

Jenny

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I had all sorts of symptoms & unfortunately it took quite a few months to settle. It will do in time. You can't rush it, I hope yours settles quicker.

At least they are not 'overdosing' you. I have to be on high dose due to thyroid cancer. So shouldn't be as long for you.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon. I only realised how much better things were when they increased again to 125 & I expected to feel awful but didn't!

Don't forget you can 'talk' to anyone here any time. Someone will be on.

All the very best

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.