Help!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been ill for a few months now symptoms started out as heart palpitations which ended in several trips to er ekgs which stated that I had possible left enlargement. Then followed by blood work, chest X-rays, 48hr halter monitor, echos, and stress tests which all came back normal.. I was then referred to a gastroenterologist who through upper gi series X-ray that I had scaring on small intestines. After the discovery I was recommended to take breath test for h pylori which came back positive and I begin the treatment which was the triple therapy. I was take total of 14 pills a day for 2 weeks my body was complete pain by last day of treatment I was so fatigue and weak and it seemed like every muscle and joint ached. I still wasn't feeling any better so I had an endoscopy done which showed I had mild case of gastritis and biopsy was taken for other thest to be ran. Before I got biopsy results I wAs ordered to take a celiac panel which came back negative but biopsy showed positive I'm at a loss because now I'm being treated for ibs and avoiding gluten but don't have a diagnosis. Oh and my pcp also tested my immune system and all came back normal. Has anyone else had these symptoms and gotten answers??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The celiac blood test sometimes shows a false negative and a biopsy is needed if your doctor still thinks you have celiac.  If your celiac biopsy was positive, that sounds like a diagnosis. Continue to stay off gluten. It is also possible to have IBS as well.
    • Posted

Also just got my celiac genetic results back and the nurse said they were high levels but that I would have to wait for doc to look over them..
    • Posted

Have you made an appointment with your doctor to discuss your results?
    • Posted

this coming Wednesday we will discuss my results..Will keep u posted thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.