Help. !!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I am currently having blood tests at the doctors for every thing really. She has mentioned fibromyalgia and the more I read the more I think I have it.

I gave birth august 2016 and since then I have had chest/rib pain so bad I couldn't breath called an ambulance on two occasions and both times they said they wasn't sure. ECG clear.

The pain I have constantly in my feet is unbearable most days now. I feel like my bones are breaking and I need to click my toes and ankles all the time.

My calf muscles constantly hurt like I have done lots of exercise

Went for a walk today and I was getting shooting pain in my right hip (this is a new pain)

Headaches all the time

Sleep is all over the place but not sure if due to this or having a 8 month old.

Can have a conversation with someone and completely forget what I'm talking about or what word I was going to say.

It's really getting me down I'm 32 and feel about 90

What does everyone think?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lianne it could be fibro, the unfortunate thing is that fibro is different for everyone, and it seems more and more people are being diagnosed and a real uncertainty of how to help us. Stress is a massive factor in the pains so if you have any worries then the first thing is dealing with that I'm on meds for pains and sleep, but as you have a little baby I would advise natural remedies, people have suggested Epsom bath salts, reducing sugar from diet and fewer carbs, if you can reduce the stress hopefully that will help. Sadly fibromyalgia does not discriminate against age or gender. So try a few things until you find one that works for you, I have some good days and then some really bad days, so I hope you are able to find something that works, happy thoughts being sent your way ?

• Posted

Hi Lianne. Sorry to hear about this, especially at the time you have a baby and at your age too. I am 42 and my Fibromyalgia symptoms started just almost exactly as yours. First I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke because of the chest pain. I had 2 ECG checks too and all clear then followed by shoulder pains on left side of my body to the legs for a while. Then the forgetfulness and forgetting my words. This all started last year. After all sort of tests, my doctor diagnosed it was FIBROMYALGIA. Be careful of the memory issue pls as I had a kitchen fire in January because if forgot I left HOT oil on the burner but thank God I was safe.

I have tried 2 different anti depressant medication. But the side effects seem to be worst than the Fibromyalgia. I have tried exercising too but keep yourself active to the level you can cope with. Everyday is different. Some days it's migraine and another day it's fatigue and another shoulder pain or arm.

I am trying out colon detox now with Ginger, lemon, Garlic.

I think the sun does help. I travelled to Palma in Spain recently and after 3 days, I stopped feeling the usual everyday pain. So I'm preparing to travel to Africa in a couple of months.

I'm still looking out for different alternative therapies. I will try acupuncture too soon.

Hope you get well Soon. Sleep when you can and don't push yourself too hard.

• Posted

Hi Lianne

Poor you my lovely, and a busy mum too!

If your doctor has already mentioned it then you could take the conversation further once your bloods are back.

My doctor gave me some information on FMS for me to highlight anything that sounded familiar. I was staggered by just how much of it sounded like me!

Hope you get some answers soon. In the meantime could you get family members to help out at all?

Hang in there 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.