Help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just got tested for stds and was negative but positive for BV. So I was prescribed antibiotics. I finished the dosage provided. I have super sensitive skin so idk if it has anything to do with it. But my skin gets irritated very easily and the other night me and my boyfriend had sex, and I just moved my panties to the side and the next day I realized I had a bump (basically where my underwear would've been rubbing on my lip) it's really itchy and quite painful, it's pretty red. At first it looked like a bump, then got bigger and looked like a blister. Now the skin has tore off it and it's just painful but still pretty itchy. I'm wondering what I can do to speed up the healthy process and what it could be... do you think it's herpes or genitAl warts or could it be from my skin being so sensitive.. either way I'm going to go to the doctor but I'm stressing out! If anyone could help that would be much appreciated !!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I meant speed up the healing process !!
  • Posted

Hi. In my opinion, it will be best if you get yourself tested for herpes and HPV viruses to find out whether those viruses are the source of problem
    • Posted

Any ideas on how I can help with the healing process while I wait for my results ??
  • Posted

Hi cass83800,

First of all, sorry to hear you're going through these troubles. BV and any other infection or irritation down there are always awful for girls and women.

My advice is to stay calm and positive about the situation. The more you stress, the more harm it will do to you. Not massively but it's best to stay positive and think 'this will get better'.

This all could be related to your irritated skin so checking with a doctor would be ideal just to stay on the safe side.

In the meantime, avoid sex! As hard as it is, the friction and bacteria and everything else that happens in sex will disturb the open skin area.

Try avoid sweet drinks and stick to water as much as you can.

Also, don't wash your intimate areas with any shower gels or soaps for the time being.

I hope this helps. All the best!

• Posted

So I was diasgnosed with herpes then got BV because of the herpes, a lot of times if you do not have symptoms of herpes, some sti tests can give false results. Herpes usually starts as a bump then turns to a blister/lesion a day or two after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.