HELP!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi need some help please. I've been on orlistat 2 weeks now and starting to feel unwell with weakness, feeling sick sore throat and fever.should I stop taking the tablets or will the side affects go away first time on these thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon the only side effect l have experienced is headaches but l was told these would resolve. I am on my 3rd day today, hope you feel better soon. Maybe speak to the GP see what he/she thinks?
  • Posted

Hi Sharon,

So weakness, sore throat and fever are all listed as side effects of orlistat. Although in my research I have not come across any adverse reactions to suddenly stopping orlistat, besides a little weight gain.

I would recommend stopping orlistat and contacting your doctor. If you do not have a primary care doctor or dietician you can contact the drug manufacturer, they will have medical/pharmacy staff that can advise you if these side effects will go away over time or not.

Hope that helps!

• Posted

Thanks Claire. I stopped them for a few days symptoms did go away,started taking them today if the symptoms come back then I'll have to c my gp lets hope they don't come back🙏🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.