Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I'm totally new to this and have never really been in a discussion board but here goes...

I have been feeling sick for years now. I've had morning nausea for about 4 years now along with feeling exhausted no matter how little or how much sleep I get, feeling faint, terrible headaches, depressed, etc. I have been to my GP and she says she can't find anything wrong. I went to a GI and he did many tests (feeding test, endoscopy, GF and DF, meds) and says all of my tests have come back normal. At this point, I give up because I don't think anyone is taking me seriously. 

I finally got sick of feeling terrible all the time and I went to an endocrinologist three weeks ago to see if she could interpret why my thyroid levels were off. She said this is due to BC. She was very rude and did not even let me finish my medical history. She said it was possible I have adrenal insufficiency. Well I got those lab results back and they were high. I waited and waited for a phone call about my labs and finally demanded I speak to someone after calling 3 days in a row and never receiving a call back. I completed the 11 pm salivary test and returned it to the lab last Wednesday. Anyone know how long it will take to get those results back? I'm thinking I'm going to get the results of this test and go to another doctor I have already found for a second opinion. I have read quite a bit on here that doctors don't tend to take people seriously. I have spent so much time crying because I KNOW something isn't right but I'm convinced all of the doctors I've seen think I'm crazy. I know I don't have many of the predominant cushing's symptoms but I'm hoping this is what is wrong so I can figure out how to start feeling better!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Courtney, so sorry you are feeling lousy.  As we all say on here GP's can sometimes not listen to what you are saying about your symptoms.  Cushings is very rare and many G.P.'s will never see a Cushing's patient.  I think when they do they get bewildered and brush us off.  No-one really has exactly the same symptoms.  From what you say I would suggest that you do go for a second opinion.  Hopefully the new person will start again having listened to your symptoms.  I did not have the test you mentioned but I am hoping that others on the forum will be more help.  Are you in the UK or US? t am not sure what BC means that is why I ask.  Keep in touch and I hope that others will reply to you.  Keep your chin up!

• Posted

I am from the US and BC is just birth control smile Thank you for replying. I got my salivary tests back and they came normal so I feel like I'm back at square one once again. I still plan on going to get a second opinion about all of this. Thank you both for replying!

• Posted

Hi there. 

Sorry you’re feeling so crappy, we all know that feeling. Regarding the saliva test, I didn’t have that done but did do the 24 hour urine & the suppression test & the urine took about two weeks to come back & cortisol suppression was a day. Not sure if you’re in uk or us but hopefully you’ll find a Dr that listens to you and helps you get on the mend really soon xx 

• Posted

Hi Courtney. Def don’t give up if u feel there something wrong. We all know our own bodies. I felt same as u I knew there was something not right. I did go private because I had very high blood pressure an no tablets were controlling it so then the cardiologist wanted to do cortisol urine test but only when I had actually showed him a photo of myself also, as I was gaining weight but exercising an still gaining. An my face was gettin rounder.  But it was 24 urine that flagged it for me.. an then from there I was refered to endo. But they knew lookin at me I had Cushing’s but obv stil run all the tests to confirm then. I hope u get sorted. But don’t give up! Get some one to listen! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.