Help!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is very new to me I’ve been taking cocodamol for years getting upto at least 20 a day plus nurofen plus, however two weeks ago I came down with a kidney infection and this scared me because I was in so much pain and i though I’d finally damaged my kidneys or liver so the gp sent me for some blood tests and my bloods have came back all over the place so I now have to go see a blood spesualist . 

I’m so scared 😭😭 I’ve been tapering down to half of what I was taking and I’m not eating my mouth is always dry like there’s a lump in my throat I feel soooooo weak I’m having horrific night sweats and diarrhoea and I’m thinking is this the withdrawal from tampering causing this or is it that I’ve done damage to my organs .  I’m just petrified 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angie,

cutting down your usual consumption by half will most probably be the cause of your sweats and diarrhoea, they are classic symptoms of withdrawal, did you tell the Gp or do they already know about what you have been taking? If the test results indicated organ failure / damage I would have thought they would have referred you to a more immediate course of action, ie hospital,  rather than more tests. People always tend to think the worst and it rarely is as bad as they imagine. Without knowing what you’ve actually told to, or what the GP  already knows  it’s hard to say much. It’s easy to say try and not worry too much, you appear to be going through withdrawal, but if you are still really concerned then by all means ring the emergency number in your country or go to the A&E Department, that is why they are there, nobody will judge you if you are genuinely concerned about yourself!

• Posted

Hi Angie. How are you? I was in a very similar position to you a few weeks ago and like you I was very frightened. I tried to go cold turkey but I only lasted 3 days because the withdrawal was so bad. The symptoms you are describing are definitely withdrawal symptoms. I decided to go to my GP and confess I was addicted. I am now under their care and have managed to get down to 4 tablets a day. I am managing fine and intend to reduce again very soon. You can do this but you have to be sensible. Don't set yourself up to fail like I did. Although I'm not off them yet I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel after 10 years of addiction. Like you I had problems with my liver, but the good news is the liver can repair itself. Please stay in

Jac

• Posted

I haven’t started to taper down yet.  I think I am ready to discuss  with my doctor.  I have been taking some pretty high doses and trying to hide it from friends and family feel quite ashamed and disappointed 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.