Help!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone! I'm 15 years old and I believe this is the second bartholin cyst I have had. The first grew and burst and I had no problems until recently. It is like the size of a grape, red, and painless, on the lower labia. I'm not 100% sure if it is a bartholin cyst but I've done a ton of research and this seems like the only thing it could be. I've had it for a few weeks and have an appointment with my pediatrician in two days. What should I say to her? Im a virgin and I don't want her to think I got am STI or STD because I've never had sex before. I haven't told my mom because I'm scared of what she'll say. Please help!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie. 

I would honestly tell your Mum first and foremost. Just explain what you are experiencing and that you need to see a doctor. I’m sure she’ll be supportive. 

Secondly, when you see your doctor just tell her what you have experienced the last time and this time and the research you have found it to be. These types of cysts aren’t really discussed much. I started getting mine at 19 and suddenly disappeared for 7 years after having them every month for 18 months. I randomly got another in 2015 and had surgery on it and I haven’t had one since. 

Generally if they are a repeat thing they can do a simple day surgery on it and they do have a huge success rate. Good luck. Definitely tell your mum. 

• Posted

Talk to your mom and your pediatrician...matter of factly...tell them just what you told us here...your doctor may need to examine you...and as a mother and someone who has had multiple BC's drained...don't let them drain it unless you have sedation. I finally had both whole glands removed...and the only thing I would have done differently is to have sedation prior to having the cyst drained. But please, involve your mom. She would want to know so she can support you and be there for you. BC's don't happen from having sex...they can...but not always...so just be honest...

Sorry you have to go thru this! Hopefully it will go away on its own!

Merry Christmas!

Llori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.