Help!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, i suffer with bad aniexty an dizziness witch has got worse within ladt 8 weeks! I am on citelopram 20mg and iv been on these since 2012 me and my docot have both agreed that they are bo longer working an nows the time to make a swap.. shes prescribed me with 37.5mg off Venlafaxine, buut have told me to carry on with the citelopram while takin the new ones for two weeks then cut back on th cit to every other day on 20mg then after that stop the cit but carry on with the Venlafaxine but to up the dose to two 37.5mg a day? Has anyone mixed the two?  What side effects should be i be warned about (im a mother off three younge children one beinf 4months old) and are they any good? Very nervous about this transition! Thanks for taking the time to read - any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Sammy x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same position as you I start venlafex 37.5mg tomor and have 7 days left on 20mg of citalopram too, hope we get some answers 
    • Posted

Hello.. oh bless ya feel awful doesnt it takong two diffrent ADs .. one thing i will say is iv had some side effects - nervous tummy dry mouth an waking up in the morning sweating litrually wet 😷 .. are you stickin with the 37.5mg or have u been told to up the dose after a week? Im on day 6 tomrw of ven and iv had two goodish days where iv managed to leave the house. Very early days - good luck here if u need a chat ?? Xx

• Posted

Hi I start 75mg on day 8 I do expect dry mouth yawning and nausea but I really hope I don't get the sweating cause I've had it the last 5 years with the citalopram I was on 40 then 30 now the 20mg of citalopram, my bed can be drenched some nights and I get hot flushes, oh god help us I've suffered crippling anxiety for 18 years now I just want to regain some off my life back 

• Posted

Sorry for late reply smile 

Im due to take 75mg on day 8 too but feeling very nervous about this.. as i dont want anymore side effects! Its horrable you poor things 18years. Do u venture out much? Xx

• Posted

I started them today feel ok so far I do get out but not too far from home, I like to be near my comfort zone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.