help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea about 5 weeks ago. After use of a steroid cream on some lesions and purely sunlight on others (located on my back). They have now all subsided. However at around week 4 I had a strange bruise like mark arise on my forearm (shown as attached), this differs to the raised flakey lesions i have had elsewhere as its completely flat and looks like a bruise (under the skin). This is very different to the raised scales lesions I saw elsewhere. Just wondering if anyone might know what it might be? I also had athletes foot around 6 weeks ago but that went after around 10 days of applying a cream. See attached photos of the pityriasis rosea rash and the one in my forearm. it is worth noting that sunlight significantly helped the lesions on my back but the one of my forearm has only seemed to get darker. However, it did appear later on than the lesions on my back so it ay be at a different stage.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi James, I had this two years ago and it seems no one has identical experiences. In addition to sun, two things also helped me. I put the dark blue bottle Head and Shoulders (maximum strength) shampoo on the lesions like you would an ointment or cream for 20 min, let it dry, and washed it off in the shower. It helped the lesions disappear. For itching, the miracle cure for me was kids diaper rash cream - Bordeaux’s Butt Paste- the RED tube- Maximum Strength. It was a 20% concentration, better than the brand Destin. That, with steroids controlled itching maybe 6-8 hrs, enough to get me through a work day. Doing those 3 things, I was lucky and it was gone in 10 days. I suggest looking at all things that worked for everyone and try them all. It seems everyone is different. Good luck!
  • Posted

It looks to be like a herald patch, but my daughter did not have one.  We started on acyclovir on day 3 and then took ester-c, coconut oil capsules, and omega 3.  Also had her bath in head and shoulders, as well as, try to lay out in sun 10 minutes each side.  Praying this clears up quickly!
  • Posted

Hi,

The mark on your arm looks different. I would definitely schedule an appointment with a dermatologist for a consult.

• Posted

thanks for the replies. Just to clear up, the pityriasis rosea has pretty much completely cleared up now. This bruise/rash on my arm has just got darker in the past 2 weeks. I had minimal itching from the pityriasis roses and zero itching or discomfort from

This rash on my forearm.

• Posted

I agree that the spot on your arm- bruise looking one- is different. If it does not clear in another week- getting yellower, then lighter- I agree with Annette. Get it checked!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.