Help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have a surgery for a hysterectomy in two weeks. But in the meantime still having my period every two weeks. I have endometriosis. When I start my period I’m soooooo tired is this a symptom with you ladies that have experienced this. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

has your Dr tested you to see where your red blood cells are at, mine were so low, I had to have a blood transfusion in hospital, three weeks before surgery, I think I frightened them, of course it was endo, and I was bleeding so much, my body could not keep up with normal blood replacement, but local GP was not listening, until I had a massive bleed, woke up soaked in blood, mattress ruined, attended emergency dept where I was asked to sit and wait after checking in, after some time a nurse came out, took one look at my blue nose and lips and decided I needed immediate attention.

assumed to be a hormonal issue, and made me extremely ill, vomiting with their hormone tablets, vomiting could not be controlled, had to call in chemotherapy team with their advanced meds to help me, D & C the following day discovered a very early stage endo cancer, had not invaded uterus wall.

10 days later had full pelvic clearance in bigger city hospital rather than my little suburban hospital, its years on now, and never been better.

They also put me on iron with vitamin C, its the combination of the two, and that bounced my bloods back closer to normal in the last week before surgery.

• Posted

Yes was exhausted all the time before and during period don't know your age but please look at my posts .if I had choice again regarding hysterectomy would have tried to save ovaries as have turned into beached whale hope my experience helps loom in to everything in great detail prior to op so you are prepared

• Posted

Yes, I had my periods every two weeks lasting 15 days sometimes.  Miserable cramping and such heavy bleeding that I would soak up Depends briefs.  The surgeon found 50 areas of endometriosis on my uterus, abdominal wall, and Fallopian tubes.  I’m three days post op partial hysterectomy (uterus taken out and ovaries and cervix left).  I know I made the right decision.  Doctors were wonderful.  Recovery for me has been really painful and scary.  But trusting in the Lord who gives me peace.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.