Help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help!! 

About a month ago I started to experience pelvic pain. That was really my only symptom. I have had two wet mount tests both of which have come back negative for yeast infection, BV, and trick. I have had STI screening and all of that came back negative. I had a vaginal ultrasound that showed cyst on my left ovary And a follow up with the CT scan that showed a moderately sized cyst. So the pain has been explained. During this process I have also experienced occasionally when the pain was really at it’s worst an uncomfortable feeling inside of my vagina. I simply attributed it to the cyst. However in the last couple days the feeling I would describe inside is more of an itch. What is it????? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That is completely normal. Cyst typically hurt especially if they are on the ovaries. It's nothing to be concern about. The itch is just fluid from the cyst and which is normal. I did fertility for 4 yrs and this was a monthly occurrence for me so I know exactly what ur talking about and seriously u have nothing to worry about.

• Posted

So the pain has basically subsided, but the itch and irritability of my vagina has gotten more noticeable, especially the itch. How long will this last??? 
  • Posted

It really all depends. There was one month I had it the entire month bc the cyst was large and fluid kept coming out if which cause irration and then sometimes just a few days. There's really no time line. Try witch hazel for the irration. I wouldn't put it internally but it does help with the irration on the outside.

• Posted

I appreciate your response. I’m trying not to have anxiety about it and any possible false negative testing results. I’m also upset my doc hasn’t thought to tell me this??  My cyst only measured 4.3 cm. I’m not sure how big that would be and the amount of draining. Is my pelvic pain less because it’s possibly draining?? I will definitely try witch hazel. Thank you. 
    • Posted

I don’t want to keep bothering you but was your vaginal itching pretty intense?
  • Posted

That is a typical normal size of a cyst. I wouldn't say large and probably wouldn't have a lot of drainage so the itching should have probably subsided by now. And no, my itching wasnt intense. Are you having any kind of discharge?

• Posted

And yes when the pain starts to subside it's usually the cyst is getting smaller. And ur doctor probably never mention bc not everyone itches. Another girl who was doing fertility with me when get tons of cyst, a lot more than me and she said she never had itching.

• Posted

No discharge.  As of last night, I have some slight pelvic pain back.  I will call my doctor tomorrow. Thank you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.