Help!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok, this has been going on for years but has gotten worse this year. Constant belching and gas. Pain under left breast and left back. This is after normal eating. Been on nexium for years and w in s told i have gerd. This is getting tonthe point i cant stand it anymore.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you had an ultrasound or endoscopy? How was your gets diagnosed? I too have lots of belching, getting to point now I'm afraid to eat, everything causes p a in

• Posted

Eat little and often, chew chew chew, small portions... From experience no matter what I ate it would gurgle back, lots of burping and discomfort, acid pain...

Endoscopy, Manomotry and 24 hr PH tests on NHS UK.

• Posted

Hi guys,

I suffered for years since birth really I'm now 49.. In June it will be 3 years since I had Fundiplication, I had hiatus hernia and very bad reflux which was en route to causing more problems than I needed, like effecting my lungs and voice box also possible could cause Barrets non of which I wanted and when I got the chance and the surgeons wanted to operate on seeing results of endoscopy, 24 hour PH test and manomotry test. It was a slow long recovery but now almost 3 years on, no more medication, I've been on all the ppi meds including Nexium alongside Ranitadine and copious amounts of Gaviscon, I eat and drink what I want when I want (small portion) and I only have 2 pillows on my bed where I used to sit up to sleep at night.

Best of luck to all in this chat

Regards

Margaret xx

• Posted

If you ready to get well do this: Juice vegetables every day. Drink 10 oz every 3 hours. Eat boiled eggs for protein. You also need to eat organic probiotic yogurt or similar probiotic to balance your intestinal flora.

You can live on this indefinitely. It will give you all your nutrients and remove any offending foods. In a few weeks your stomach will start to heal. Gastritis takes longer. You did not say if you were checked for H Pylori, but you need to be. Many drugs cause stomach issues, so carefully check any you take. All acid blocking drugs cause damage. When you start to feel better you will need to wean off the PPi drugs. Do this very slowly by reducing the amount of each dose. You can open capsules and swallow the tiny time pills, less each dose for 60 days otherwise you will get revenge acid. Use regular antacids to reduce the burn. I use potassium bicarbonate mixed in water. It is a healthy option rather than sodium bicarbonate.

If you want to out for dinner, have a large salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a little bread is okay, a little chicken or eggs. No fish or beef, pork, or pizza. No soda pop. No coffee.

You can do this. I did it. When you are healed up then you can slowly add regular healthy foods. I take an enzyme with my big meals. It is enteric coated. It helps reduce gas. Regards, John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.