HELP!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffer from acid reflux but recently it has got slightly worse and have been put onto Omperazole. Some days I okay but then I can wake up and have to keep clearing

my throat and feel like I have a food stuck just in between my chest bone. Does anyone else get this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Caron28119, same problem here. I have bitter taste and seems like there is sticky mucus in my throat that I have to clear every now and then. How long have you known you were suffering from acid reflux? I just found out about mine last Sunday. I just don't know if I've had this for a long time and not aware of it. I sure hope that doctors can find a real cure and not just to minimize the symptoms. We also have to change our lifestyle to. Would you know if it's hereditary? My mom has this to based on the symptoms she's had years before
  • Posted

Claireibear, do you have other symptoms besides bitter taste and throat clearing?

Where in your mouth is the bitter taste? Mine is on my tongue and around my mouth but never in my throat which seems weird!

I think the symptoms have to be managed by life style changes tbh - certain foods noticeably make me worse - tomatoes, onion, garlic, dairy sad

I miss cheese and pizzas!!

• Posted

Hi mrspinkrat, can't tell which part but I guess the bitter taste is all over my mouth.

I'm actually preparing myself to accept the lifestyle changes I have to make. One of these is joining this forum and being able to talk to people like you who can understand what I'm going thru. I'm gonna miss a lot of these things for one I drink I smoke I love coffee . I will eat anything with chocolates.

I just hope we all overcome this and be normal people again.

• Posted

BTW, which sleeping position is best elevated head or sleeping on your left to decrease acid reflux ?
  • Posted

I sleep on my left but don't suffer during the night.....

I believe you have to actually elevate the bed it's as pillows can cause a problem. Put a block under to top of the bed to elevate by about 6 inches.

I know - it's a bit depressing isn't it? No tea for me or tomatoes, which I love sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.