HELP! 24 year old Lichen Sclerosus severe symptoms!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ALL. I need some major help/ support here rolleyes. I have been diagnosed with LS for about 6 months now and it started ok until I used the steroid cream and then it began to flare up and get worse (or it may have been the LS just progressing?) Never really had itching excpet for the bum a bit. I then started to use emuaid and emu oil and got some reuslts/ used manuka honey a bit, but the flare up were HORRIBLE. I had peeling of skin during my period and lesions on my right labia majora everywhere. I then got an Anal Fissure to accompany everything which is probably the most painful thing (passed out in the bathroom a couple times from pain). Now the left labia has begun to thicken and swell with lesions as well and it is almost impossible to pee cause the urine touches the sores. I am concerned this is turning into pre cancer symptoms with the sweilling and thickenning/ roughness? HELP if anyone can please I am in misery and my BF is so concerned for me sad 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dsauce. I would be most interested to hear the results of your immune system blood test, especially if they tested whether your body is fighting a major infection or not, either way.

I think in Australia and possibly New Zealand they are more "onto" this LS  than other countries. thanks in anticipation. Joodie x

• Posted

I'm wondering about the swelling, D. Nobody has said anything about this. I have had huge long bumps (mostly along the panty line of the groin – I always thought they were just giant zits from ingrown hairs) since my teen years, culminating in the one last year right over my clitoris when my inner labia were in the final stage of zipping shut. Unbelievably painful. Burst open, full of pus. Then the emergency physician put me on antibiotics and sent me to the gynae who diagnosed LS. I have not had a boil/cyst in a year now.
    • Posted

I havent had any of the swellings you mentioned, however I did test the urine of those with boils or abscesses (in various parts of their bodies)and often the urine had a high level of sugar and the  blood sugar was high- early stages of diabetes. Might be an idea to get your  urine / blood tested for sugar if you start to have those nasty bumps again. Me, being a curious soul would ask to have a test now just out of interest and a getting a base line. If the sugar levels are high then medical intervention would be wise! Many on this site advocate going sugarless... I believe a sensible  diet - and not to much of it ( sob sob) to maintain good health without depriving oneself without a good reason. However there are  many conditions wherby an indivual specific diet may be  needed. I would always go to a fully qualified medical practitioner for a diagnosis and treatment.

i guess many of us don't ask the questions at the time of a consultation, maybe  having a crib note to hand and writing down the responses my be useful

Best wishes SueDM

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.