Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm not coping. Argued with my bf this morning and have since drunk a bottle of wine. It's 12 noon. I have a 4 year old son downstairs. The only option I have is to ring/go to A&E and I'm not doing that. Wtf am I supposed to do when I've hit rock bottom yet again. There's no support available for me I'm literally going it alone and it sucks. I'm falling apart

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there have you been to your doctors and told him how bad you feel because if you havnt you need to make an appointment ASAP if you are taking medication it obviously isn't helping so you need something different either way you need to make a doctors appointment now.drinking only will make things ten times worse and if you have a four year old son you need to be sober to take care of him you have to find a way to start to look after yourself because you are the only one who can do this what about close family or friends do you have someone who you can talk to when you feel  this bad, if not use this forum there is always someone on here who will listen and try to support you here's no shame in saying I need help no one will think the worst of you  you'd be surprised how many people feel like this I have been on medication for many years and I will stay on medication until I feel in control again however long it takes, sometimes I think I'm doing fine but then something will happen and I'm right back there again struggling but now I'm not afraid to ask for help.

i hope you find a way through this take care of yourself

sue

• Posted

I've been on mirtrazapine for about 5 weeks but it's made little difference. Doctors know I'm depressed but not that it's affecting my life so much. I don't have anyone to talk to other than this forum no
    • Posted

hi i was on mirtz drinking on them will cause u very low moods! been there hun! go see your doctor u have a child that needs you..i was the same many years ago ..stay strong for you and your child..take care x
  • Posted

Hi

Maybe speak to your GP you have to get help you can't be on your own is there anyone that can be with you if not then please talk to me I know what it's like I have been there myself so I'm here if you want to talk

• Posted

hi try a site called friends in need sign up ..its a very supportive group ..goodluck
  • Posted

Hi you have to be completely honest with the doctor and tell them how bad you feel and how it's affecting your life or else they can't treat you effectively what does of mirtrazapine are you on it may be not enough to lift your mood I know it generally takes from two to four weeks to feel a little better, you may even need a change f medication either way don't suffer alone and don't be frightened talk to the doctor and keep on talking on here there's a lot of sympathy as people know what your going through.

take care

• Posted

I'm on 30mg. There's no one who can come and be with me. I don't see what the doctors can do I'm on a waiting list for CBT 6 months minimum. In the meantime they just fob me off with drugs and are eager for me to leave ASAP. I'm lost 
    • Posted

hi please tell the doctor how u are feeling! i was on mirtz 30mg if i drank on them i would feel terribly low ! you have to look deep inside your self hun and tell your self no more! you have a child who loves and wants a mum..be strong ! xx
    • Posted

I can't I'm broken inside. I've held it together for so long and Ive reached breaking point. What can the doctors do?
    • Posted

maybe look at ur medication and help u with the drinking! tell them everything..good luck
    • Posted

Hi,

can you ring the crises team in your area, they send somebody out to you and if in the meantime you could ring the Samaritans at,least somebody to talk to I know they cannot make you better but they will listen and sometimes just to pour it all out.Try not to drink or you might get another problem and the answer is not in a bottle.

I know I have not been much help but just to let you know you are not alone on here ,always somebody to reply to you.

s

• Posted

Please try  not to drink on these tablets.Try to get out of your home as much as possible to get  some fresh air for youself and child, take him to the park.Take him to mums and Tots groups or playgroups.Take him to the Library.Play games with him.You must let your Doctor know how badly you feel and ask for referral to any groups,therapy,etc that may be available.I do know how you are feeling.I have suffered with depression on and off for forty years I have worked all of my life and been on and off tablets during this time .I am now retired and looking back I can see that I had many good years as well as the bad times.Do not give in you have to keep on going and carry on.When you are down you cannot see an end to it however I know from experience things can get better.I wish you well and hope you will be able to get the help you need and get through this bad period.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.