Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I have been taking these little blue pills for nearly 5 weeks and have lost 14lbs 😃😃 so I am really pleased. I still weigh 17.9 st with a bmi of 37 ish. 

We found out last week that I'm around 5 weeks pregnant. Super happy as been trying since Xmas. I rang my Drs surgery but coundnt speak to my dr who put me on these and said they were fine to take while pregnant. I wanted to double check so ask another dr when I rang but she said catorogicly not to take them or my very high does of anti d's . (so now I feel fat and depressed) 

My dr is calling me tomorrow to discuss. All I can find is mixed opinions online and wondered if anyone on here knows anything about taking these while pregnant obviously my child means more to me than losing weight. I want to be the heatliest possible to give birth which means lowering my bmi. Also I got weighed this evening and have put on 1/2lb since not taking pills but eating the same diet. Any info will be helpful sorry for going on and on and spelling mistakes. Thank u x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chantelle

I fell pregnant twice on these and MC both times absolutely devastated as we had been trying for 11 years. One other woman from another board i was on also had a MC on these tablets. My gp advised having a detox off them before getting pregnant again If you want to chat please message me x

I just want to say i am not trying to worry you or anything but i believe these tablets caused my 2 mc

x

• Posted

Congratulations. Don't suddenly stop taking the antidepressants for goodness sake!  Whatever doctor told you that needs to see his own!! Very dangerous advice!

A huge congratulations though. . I'm a mum of 7 and was equally ecstatic each time smile just gotta shift all this flab now haha  shelagh xxxx 

• Posted

Ty very much. Iv been splitting the anti d,s in half as I feel the risk of stopping them completely is dangerous. I will be speaking my dr tomorrow 😄 xxx
  • Posted

Aww Congratulations Chantelle on your good news smilesmile  Hope the pill side gets sorted with no side effects x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.