help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi iv just started taking orlistat. Can someone please explain it to me as my doctor didnt really say much

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie. I started mine less than a week ago. Basically it will make most of the fat on your food to be expelled on your stools instead of letting your body absorb it. I do advice you to avoid any kind of fat otherwise you will have nasty surprises as your body will expell it and sometimes what looks like wind is the fat wanting to get out. With time you will learn what foods to avoid in order to not have that happening. I have lost 1.6kg in 4 days. Good luck and keep us updated on your experience. 
  • Posted

Thank u for ur advice, that would be great if u could send me ur blog, i would really appreciate it. Im following the weight watchers plan aswell but iv came to a stand still at the moment so my doctor has gave me these pills to help my progress. Im wanting to loose around 5 stone so i can be an active mum as i have 4 children that r wild lol. How often does everyone weigh themselves? X
    • Posted

I am gonna have 4 weekly appts but i weigh myself at home weekly. I also took my measures to see the resukts. 
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

Your welcome. I have sent you my blog by PM. I got weighed every 4 weeks i would never have weighed myself at home i think people can get too obsessed by it all and drive you insane so never bought a set of scales, every 4 weeks at the Drs was enough for me. You will have to go back once you have used up all your tablets did you get 4 weeks supply or more?

Britney

X

• Posted

I think its 4 weeks supply i have but il check. I go to weight watchers every week so will get weighed then too. Thanks for the pm x
  • Posted

My doctor hasnt said anything about me coming back to be weighed. He actually didnt say anything at all apart from to take the tablets 3 times a day.
    • Posted

Well, you need to book to see your doctor in 4 wks to see if it's working and to get another prescription. Unless he gave you a repeat prescription.  Mine didn't as he wants to make sure it's working and it's ok to keep taking them.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.