help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi to everyone, I'm a 24 year old girl who came to UK last year for doing my postgraduate study. I am on antidepressants nearly 8 years. In 2012, I suffered from anxiety disorder and I was like a ghost for nearly 6 months (couldn't sleep, eat, couldn't focus on anything else, constantly feeling unwell, anxious, upset, waiting for to die and desprate). My doctor changed my meds into 30 mg Paroxetine, after I started it I feel better and hopeful. Than I came to UK (still in here), everything was fine until 7th of September. I am in a relationship with my soulmate and going to marry with him in this November, was exploring touristic sights in UK, working as a volunteer at the charity two days a week, very positive and hopeful about future, only had panic attacks 3 times in that 12 month. However, in 7th of September 2014 everything has changed, I started to feel a horrible headache and neckache which was started in 4th of September. I started to scare that what if I'm having a aneurysm or something serious and started to think about possible scenarios. I ended up going to the emergency care, waited for nearly 3 hours (which increased my anxiety and fear) and gave up and went back to my home. That night, my shakes and gagging started. I couldn't sleep properly that night. Next day, I go to my Health Centre and ask for an appointment but they said it's impossible and told me to go to the Walking Centre. I did, the doctor in the walking centre told me that it's a headache and perscribed me painkillers. But, I wasn't convince and decided to go to the hospital again. I waited for 2 hours (during that time my anxiety level was increasing) and went to the doctor. He told me the exact thing: headache and backache. I was kind of convinced this time felt relief for 1hour. When I came back home and think about it, (as it's all pscyhological again), all of my fears started again: What if I would experience that bad and long anxiety disorder again, what if I need a doctor immediately and can't reach him.. etc. All of my positive thinks about my life and world changed since 5days, I am constantly having a fearful thoughts about anxiety and panic attacks.I couldn't go to my volunteery work, I can only go for a walk in the park. I can't think of my future plans or my daily life activities sad I feel tired, desperate and waiting for a death. Did anyone even feel like this before? Please,respond me 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have u thought about therapy? Medication will do nothing to resolve anxiety I'm afraid. Its purpose is to keep symptoms at bay until the anxiety resolves , without therapy sometimes (most often) the anxiety can't resolve. This is why people find themselves on medication for many years. I would suggest therapy as a better option for you
    • Posted

I am going to start group theraphy next Tuesday. Did you also feel those fears and ideas? or is it just me?
  • Posted

Be kind to yourself. Focus on getting through each day and trying to do little things. Set yourself goals for each day. 
    • Posted

What are your thoughts and fears when you are anxious or what are your symptoms?
    • Posted

I worry that I am going to panic and want to get out of situations. I feel dizzy, hot and I can't concentrate on what people are saying. I get a feeling of not being able to sit still and just wanting to run out of whatever place I am in. I tell myself that it is anxiety, I am feeling uncomfortable however nothing bad can happen to me. 

It is tough as it is constant. 

I am also getting over a fling I had and that constantly replies in my head when I get anxious!!! Not fun!!!!! 

• Posted

My anxiety sprang from not liking being out of my house - not feeling safe. I've come to realise that I feel anxious no matter where I am. And that nothing is going to happen. 

It is soooo hard to remember that at times. But once anxiety loses it's fear it becomes so much easier to handle! 

• Posted

was it affected your eating, sleeping and concentration? Because mine do
    • Posted

My appetite is really reduced. I often feel sick to the stomach when I think of food. I am a gym goer and normally disciplined with what I eat but at the moment I am letting myself have what I fancy, as long as I get in three meals a day. I have lost about a stone since July. It's ok cos I had it to lose but don't really want to lose too much more!!! 

My concentration is shot - I've started a new job at the beginning of august and I am finding it so hard to motivate myself and stay focused on tasks. 

Sleep wise - I am sleeping but wake up in the early hours. I have started meditation and when I wake up I focus on my breathing and that helps me to get back off to sleep. 

Every day is tough and it feels like it is lasting forever. I seem to have forgotten what it was like to just get up and do things without all these racing thoughts. I just keep reminding myself that I have come this far and nothing bad has happened, just thoughts and feelings. 

My heart was racing when I woke up this morning so I focused on my breathing and just got ready for work. 

• Posted

I feel like I never going to be happy like I was, can not going to focus on other things, live my life normal and be a calm sad I used a vitamin B and Iron tablets when I was bad 3 years ago and they really helped me. Maybe I should start them again. I'm also scared of experiencing that horrible days again sad I feel like I have no energy and power to cope with it 
  • Posted

Hi irem, sorry to read of your situation, thanks for sharing it.

In my professional experience I regularly help clients who think the way you have been doing.

My advice to them as with you is.... it's not what has happened that causes the pain, it's our opinions of what has happened which is the major cause. You must understand that we become what we think and focus on most of the time, in other words our image of self is manifested into form by our wrong thinking.

If we can change the paradigm (habit) everything else changes for better or worse depending on which way we choose to think.

From a professional point of view can I recommend you read:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/recommended-reading-for-anxiety-and-depression-sufferers--295330

These books read diligently will help you tremendously.

Hope this helps!

Irwin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.