HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can someone help I've been on paroxetine (seroxat) for 20 years and it works fine for my depression however I've had problems sleeping for almost a year averaging about 1-2 hours a night. Last week my GP gave me mirtazapine 15mg to take at night not only am I sleeping I can't stay awake I'm like a zombie I cut it down to 7.5mg but am still over sedated although my body is getting much needed rest I cannot function like this sad any alternatives for sleep problems I've tried zopiclone benzos and natural remedies thanks in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Although Mirta is not something I'd recommend (for its difficult withdrawal) I'm currently on 7.5 mg at night and only the first week was very sleepy, it normally picks up after the initial week. I hope that helps. 
  • Posted

Hi Marie.

I started Mirt 18 days ago. I did 6 days on 15mg and the other 12 I've been on 30mg.

I only now picking up in the mornings as I was very tired until about 3am from waking on the days previously. Takes me about an hour to come round now so it's slowly getting better.

I've found I'm slowly getting better. Nothing major I can put my finger on or shout from the rooftops about but still a noticeable change.

I do feel less drowsy and foggy headed on the higher dose of 30mg. Apparently these are less sedative on the higher doses. I don't know how this works but I've read a lot of forums where people have stated this and from my own experience I have found this also xx

• Posted

Get rid of mirta, your're still in time. Try the Buteyko breathing method.
    • Posted

Also no type of alternative therapy or buteyko breathing would help me sleep I've been down that path
  • Posted

Also I have an appetite like I've never experienced does this wear off or I'm gonna be clinically obese soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.