Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone been on 2 antidepressants? Been on mirtazapine 45 m and on sertraline 100m for about 3 yrs and been fine about 5 months ago started to feel unwell so dr took me off the sertraline  tried other tablets had to come off them but still carried on with the mirtazapine now I've seen another doc because the anxiety is still not good and she's put me back on 50 m of sertraline!! Don't know what to do!!!!!! Do I start the sertraline again??????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wish Icould tell you the right thing to do,because I desperately try to carry on without medication and it is hard.Can you ask the doctor if a course of CBT therapy would help?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply only thing I haven't tried x
    • Posted

It's a lower dose than you where on previously and I'm sure your doctor wouldn't of suggested you go on it if he thought there would be any problems.

All you can do is trust your doctor.

When you said you was unwell previously. Was it medication related? Or was it that they stopped being effective and you anxiety/depression increased? Or something totally different? 

Xx

• Posted

Hi Gillian  my anxiety started to raise it's ugly head again in June after feeling well for about 3 years so that's when I went back to docs He then decided to take me off the sertraline and try me on quetiapine a horrid horrid tablet the side affects we're horrendous so he took me off them! And just gave me promethzine to take at night with the metrazapine  that's a month ago but the stomach churning and feeling on edge didn't go away so that's when I saw another doc and she said if you have been on 2 antidepressants you should be kept on 2?  Thought about what you said it is only a low dose so give it try! Thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.