HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been on Mirtazapine for a week now and I still feel spaced out shaky and generally away with the fairies can anyone tell me how long this lasts, Also the sleepiness as im taking MST Morphine tablets for pain they knock me out so combined with the Mirtazapine I feel pretty rubish Please when will these symptoms go and I start to feel better  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Was about 2 weeks for me to stop feeling,exhausted,out of it and on another realm with mirtazapine.

Each day I just felt that the length of time I was feeling like that was increasing.

Also if you are on a lower dose..it's more sedative. I felt better when I increased from 15mg to 30mg and now I'm on 45mg I very rarely feel groggy but they still help me sleep. 

• Posted

Thanks Gillian20097 yes im only on the 15mg have to see my doctor on the 10th so hopefully she will increase the dose.

I was on Citolapram before for 5 yrs or more and that did nothing I ill keep going ain 

Thanks again 

• Posted

Your welcome Chrissy.

It can be very frustrating at first...getting that level right and dealing with the side effects too.

Don't worry about the increase either. I didn't have much in the way if side effects by increasing. Maybe a little increase in anxiety the first few days xx

• Posted

Hello,

I'm where you are now, a week in & still feel very drowsy & spaced out all the time but mostly in the morning. I too have heard from other people on here that 2 weeks is when it wore off for them. So fingers crossed for us. x

• Posted

Good to hear someone else is going through the same I have just driven into town and don't think I can do it again as felt really weird.

Are you eating more too I am and strangely my feet are swollen god these tarts must be strong  

• Posted

Meant tablets not tarts lol
  • Posted

Haha made me chuckle!

Yes i'm starving all the time since starting these tarts haha and my whole body feels achey. Feel like i'm not in my own body in the mornings if that makes any sense. I just have no energy or motivation at all. Do you feel like that? x

• Posted

Just spoken to a friend of mine who was a practice nurse before she retired because the way I feel at the min is not good and she has said to not take anymore and I feel I want to I have only been on them for a wk but can't stand feeling like this 
  • Posted

Bit more good news girls....

Spot on week 6 for me and I've had my first great day......

Believe me...If I've had a great day...there's hope for you all because this has been one hell of a roller coaster for me.

Now tomorrow may be utter cr*p but at least I know things are moving in the right direction xx

• Posted

I'm really glad for you hope you get many more as for me can't take this crap feeling anymore can't get my shoes on can't drive feel utterly rubbish think I'm gonna stop them 
    • Posted

Awe Chrissy. Honestly,if you aren't doing ok on them then just get the doc to change them to something else. 

I think you know if something's going to be ok for you. I was just happy to get some sleep when I first got them.

I really do think you are over the worst of it and in a few days you won't feel all them side effects but I also know how frustrating it can be when something that's ment to be helping you feel better,makes you feel so much worse.

What ever you decide chick. We are here for you xx

• Posted

Hi Gillian never took last nights tablet and I know it will take a while for the effects to wear off but in my mind I feel better going to doctor on Monday hopefully she will sort it all I know is I'm glad I'm off them 

Take care hope all goes well with you 

😀

• Posted

Hey ladies,

Aww no Chrissy be careful just coming off them as you may feel even worse just stopping. I know it's scary, but if you give them time you may find they help you hun & we are all here to chat. Keep me posted on how your getting on.

And Gillian i'm so so glad your finally feeling better hun, fingers crossed we will too. If you don't mind me asking how does great feel these days, i've forgotten how that feels?

Hugs

Butterfly xx

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words I hope all goes well for you x🙏
    • Posted

Aahhhh it felt great while it lasted chick. Been a little up and down again today but I will get through it.

I wish nobody had to struggle like this. Breaks my heart because I know others are going through the exact same as me. I dint like the thought of so many lost and scared people sad xx

• Posted

Aww no hun i'm sorry to hear that.

You can message me anytime you know. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.