help

Posted , 6 users are following.

so about 5 weeks ago I had a cyst lanced and its still draining and big as ever as well as hard on one side. I have never had one this long before and it scaring me. I'm wondering if its normal for these to last this long this is also the first time I have one lanced. My doctor said its to hard to open again but its been the had the first time they opened it. I need doing hot compresses baths antibiotics no gluten turmeric zinc no nightshade. Just wondering if someone has had them this long. I also feel a stinging feeling off and on all day never had that before it feels and looks different then my normal absess use to they also did

a culture and said it came back normal so that was good just panicking. Any advice or feel back would be awesome thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I've had HS for many years and,although never had an abscess lanced,I do know that they're messy,painful things to clear. It sounds fo me from what you've described as though this abscess/cyst has filled up again. I've had that happen. and it can take a long time to heal Sometimes as long as 5~6 weeks..It's good that the culture has come back normal,but I would ask GP if he could look at it  at least and put your mind at rest. Hope all goes well, Dorothy
  • Posted

I have had mine lanced more times than I can count and I would have it looked at just to make sure u didn't get any type of infection. Honestly, I have had this current abscess for about 3 months it has gone down for about a day at a time and keeps coming back. You should use soap.such as dial something that it antibacterial.

Good luck hope u feel better.

• Posted

I've had several lanced in years gone by. The cystic material tunnels and makes different compartments or in the area under your skin. The doctor has to break each compartment or "wall" open and rake out all the cystic material to get it all. If you've still a side that's hard, it still has cystic material in it. Your drainage is probably coming from that side they may not have got all of it and is tunneling and draining to the open spot they lanced. I used to could hear those compartments or walls pop when my doctor was raking and breaking the walls in the tunnel. Sometimes I would have a very long incision just from her getting all the different areas.
    • Posted

Was it expensive having the cysts lanced each time?  I dont know what the Public health sector is like in UK but just an idea for me if you went private?
    • Posted

Yes, it was expensive. I'm in America and have private insurance. So insurance would pay for part of it. I would sometimes have 4 or 5 cysts cut at a time. Also, Insurance wouldn't pay a dime for my laser hair removal and it didn't help at all!
  • Posted

thank you I'm thinking the side that is hard needs to be lanced also going to call the surgeon I see for this Monday morning and scheduled another appointment.

• Posted

HI if it is still hard on one side this is impacted pus then it needs medical attention again to remove the gunk.  Please get yourself off to the doctors to get more treatment,  You might need ab's as well. 

Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.