HELP! 4 year old with swollen Lymph Nodes

Posted , 2 users are following.

She has 2 that are about cm big. Has had them for about 2 years. But every time I’d take her to GP she was sick so that would be “overlooked” but when she isn’t sick they are still there. Sometimes they swell and become HUGE ( size of a Vienna sausage ) but go back down in a matter of 24 hours this has happened only twice. And what made me say we need to check THIS out NOW. She put her on antibiotics for a week specifically for that. It didn’t help so she did blood test and referred me to ENT. Her WBC is low Lymph# low Baso# low Gran% high Lymph% low Mono% high. They are rubbery and movable painless. No symptoms she acts normal eats normal plays normal etc etc

I am so scared although the ENT said he isn’t really worried about it but wants to run a few more test ( more blood work and ultrasound ).

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm 27 and have been dealing w/ swollen lymph nodes on my head/neck and have seen my reg Dr, ENT, Dermo, and an Oncologist now lol (I wanted to get a variety of opinions). Mine have been swollen about 6 months and are all small, but I'm not sick and I have no symptoms so it worried me. However, I've done an MRI, ultrasound and blood work and everything apparently looks normal.

Basically what I can say that I've learned so far from all of those different doctors ^^ is that lymph nodes can swell sometimes for the slightest reason. Just bc they are swollen doesn't mean something is seriously wrong so try not to get too worried at this moment. Just do the testings and such, keep following up with the doctor. Get other opinions too if you don't feel comfortable with what one Dr says.

The best reason all of those Drs ^ can think of for my swellings is my acne on my face, or dandruff on my scalp. So weird right? Who would think something as small as some acne could make your lymph nodes swell for months. Apparently it can though. So it really could be so many different minor reasons your childs are swollen!

• Posted

Oh also, if she pokes at them and touches them a lot this can irritate the lymph nodes and make them chronically swollen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.