HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so im kinda PO'D UGHHHHHHH I typed this out like 3 times and lost it. So if you want to know more details i am open to ANY questions. I used to have anxiety but never this bad. For a while like around a month really...... I couldent eat or sleep and i was a zombie in all ways. I know what brought the anxiety on so strong and i will never do it again. Also i know i am getting so much better as i don't want to cry every minut of the day... Please don't get me wrong i still want to between 1 and like 5 times and sometimes once a week maby i dont want to all day. My family wants me back the way i was and i want to be that person aswell. I am mostly okay and i progress just a little every day but i feel like every time i am having fun with friends and or family I seem to get those thoughts in the back of my head that ruin it for me. Why me?,will this go away 100%?,Will the anxiety come back?,Is this as good as it gets?,Will these thoughts always be here when i am trying to enjoy meself?, Will i be able to properly live life and raise the kids i might one day have?, WILL IT GO AWAY???????? SOMEONE,ANYONE!!!!! PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ADVICE??????? CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS??????? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Chick,

Firstly you are not alone in these feelings, you have come to a good place and I guarantee that you will get some good advice. First you need to accept a fact that your anxiety is back. I don't know if you have spoken to a GP or are on medication but it would be a positive step. Maybe I'm going over old ground but you need to relax, yoga, meditation anything you feel comfortable with. What is going on in your head is normal (for people like us) and you need to tell yourself "this is my illness talking" you are a strong person, mental issues are not like breaking an arm, it can't be seem and is hell of a lot harder to fix. So just remember by admitting you have a problem and living it every day takes strength and be proud of that. I hope this has helped in some way, please stay in touch

• Posted

David thank you so much for taking time to respond. I am only 14 so i know it can be helped and could be hormons cuz i am getting older... Idk how lots of ppl are so sorry if that was tmi for you lol. Now i understand what you mean about not being like broaken arm. Thanks and i dont understand why people keep suggesting self talk. I mean does it really work? i have tried and i guess it helps me cope a little bit and what not but idk... I guess it wont hurt to keep trying lol. Thanks again!!!!!!!!! cheesygrin
    • Posted

Hi Chick,

you being 14 does help explain a bit and your right hormones are probably throwing one big wild party inside you right now. Your anxiety is understandable as your are at that point in life where your are a child but no longer feel like one and want to be treated like an adult but don't really know what being an adult is (I mean no offence). Regarding self talk, talking therapy, self hypnosis etc can really help. Effectively in the simplest terms you repeat positive statements to yourself. The most common and oldest I know of is "every day, in every way, I get better and stronger" but any positives repeated either out loud or silently are beneficial. Meditation is generally a sitting relaxation where you concentrate on your breathing and let your thoughts drift. A quick google search will give you more information.

stay strong, be strong, love life 😀

• Posted

NONE taken lol. Thanks again so much. I will take all into concideration!!!
  • Posted

Hey there everything will be okay! I'm 20 and I remember being 14 and let me tell you I was all sorts of crazy due to hormonal changes and certain life changes. It is normal to feel like this and I hope your family understands that you are being you! You're just becoming to understand yourself that's all. At that age I became very depressed and alone, and I constantly needed to be around someone or my racing thoughts would take control. In your situation it happens when youre around your friends and family which is normal also! It must be difficult right now but in time it will get better. Try to work out when you're feeling down to release those endorphins or maybe talking about this with someone you're close to will help as well. Trust me I know what it's like to have severe anxiety and it's not fun. We just have to work extra hard to cope with things. Try some of these techniques they might help....

-during panic attack submerge your face in freezing cold water, it over powers the part of your brain that's giving you anxiety.

-try bi lateral movements such as tapping one hand and alternating with both hands, it's supposed to do similar things like the one above.

-safe/calm place, allow yourself to bring up a wide range of positive emotions through images or words. For example picture yourself near an ocean or maybe on top of a mountain

-float back technique, use a current situation with a negative cognition and body sensations to identify one of your earliest memories or events that may be causing current symptoms and problems. This one helps me the most. I just connect a feeling from the present to when the first time I felt that way and there is most likely a reason why.

Hope this helps some!

• Posted

and I constantly needed to be around someone or my racing thoughts would take control.       I AM SAME WAYYYY........

-during panic attack submerge your face in freezing cold water, it over powers the part of your brain that's giving you anxiety.      IT DOES WORK WONDERS!!!!!!

-safe/calm place, allow yourself to bring up a wide range of positive emotions through images or words. For example picture yourself near an ocean or maybe on top of a mountain       WORTH A SHOT.... WILL DO!!!!!!

All that was super helpful and thank you SOOOOOOO much!!!!!! It feels like ( plz dont think im crazy lol ) someone takes controll of my mind whenever they wanna and just plays with it

• Posted

I'm glad those helped!! I don't think you're crazy lol. People are controlling in general, you just have to learn to take control yourself and of your own actions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.