Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Reading everyone's stories I do believe I have the exact same symptoms, it just came up out of nowhere hadn't had sex with my boyfriend in 2-3 weeks and just went to the obgyn 3 weeks ago and got looked at, I've been researching all day and looking at pictures and the bumps I have don't look like herpes at all, it hurts to sit down and they itch and burn and I have this white discharge and went to the obgyn yesterday and told me it might be herpes I won't get my results back til Friday and they gave me medicine for it but the doctor had never even looked at me before and she's been known to misdiagnose people. I'm a nervous wreck waiting for my results but the more I read about you Ali's symptoms it sounds like I have bacterial vaginosis if anyone has any other helpful tips let me know and what your results were

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Symptoms of BV Include the itchy irritated vagina with either thick white or watery white discharge. Iv struggled with BV For 9 years on and off with or without sex with my hubby. At one point we hadn't had sex for a month 1 1/2 because I was convinced he was cheating on me and that he was giving me BV. Well i cured it with the 7 day metrogel and sure enough 3 weeks later it was back! My husbnd was furious! I even tried the oral pills and anything eles the doc gave me and we didn't have sex. And yes it came back. The bumbs you mention I'm not sure about. It could be open sores that may be raised because of the dryness and irritation from BV. But I have never gotten bumbs with my BV. Just irritation and swelling during a bad episode. Sorry your going through this as my heart goes out to all us women that has vaginal issues. Let us know your results.
    • Posted

Thank you for the helpful advice and I know it's been so stressful and the bumps could be a whole bunch of things at first I thought it was ingrown hairs because I shaved too close and caused it to get red and then I started my period and I wear pads and I was wearing tight clothing and I think it may have irritated it badly, the only thing I can do now is wait for my results Friday but I'm so nervous to get them, my discharge is white and it's been burning and itching so that makes me think BV but you could very well be right about the bumps because it looks nothing like herpes, they're most of blisters and mine are just red irritated bumps
  • Posted

Yes it sounds like BV. Iv had bad episodes just like you describe with the bad itcy swollen just hot mess feeling. The BV is an irritatnt and causes all types of reactions for different bodies. Lesions, redness, soreness and just a mess in general. Let alone the odor! When I first started getting them I would have the foul odor but after a while it just caused the weird discharge and soreness because id catch it early enough. Good luck! Im sure its a passing infection. Its the ones that keep coming back that are annoying
    • Posted

Well I would honestly rather have that than herpes so I would be willing do any kind of treatment possible to help make it better I'm glad you gave me some advice I thought I was alone And hearing that I'm not the only one that's had the exact same symptoms makes me feel so much better, I was having major anxiety over this so thank you so much for all your help! It's nice to know there's people out there that still care and are willing to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.