help

Posted , 4 users are following.

So since January I've been in pain in my chest left arm feeling dizzy feeling I'm dying like I'm having a heart attack my doctors... as in I've seen 5 different doctors do not believe there is anything wrong with my heart although I feel I'm fobbed off as I suffer with anxiety ect. So had basic test ecgs blood test chest xray blood pressure and all is normal so they tell me. So I went to a cardiologist who took one look at me and said there is no problem with ur heart not.one test did he do. So I guess what I'm asking is do u think they have it wrong? Or are these test enough.to tell them am me if I have heart condition?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello Charlotte, Anxiety isn't nice.OK how old are you? Do you have a good close friend with whom you can talk too?Have you ever tried Reflexology? It's very good for anxiety.Visit your local health food store.They have lots of Anxiety things.Rescue Remedy & kalms a must.Go for a walk each day.Lavender oil on your pillow at night a few drops.Listen to some calming CDs.You will not die from anxiety! Regards Amanda
    • Posted

I'm 30 years old. It's so hard to try to make myself believe there isn't anything wrong but anxiety. I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind it's hard work just to get out of bed in the morning. Anyone that says bad things about people who suffer with this is a complete idiot as I swear I hate this so much I've tried almost everything and nothing works once I.get theses pains they don't go away. Thank you all for ur kind words and support
  • Posted

Just to add, if a cardiologist said there is nothing wrong, then there is nothing wrong, he is the expert.
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte, Do you work? Have you got any close friends who you can talk to?I am on propranalol la 160 mg twice a day.Hope things improve soon regards Amanda
    • Posted

Yes I do work full time which does help sometimes I was signed off for 2 months before. I have a few close friends I can talk with but everyone is so busy all I feel like I'm.doing is moaning. I'm taking 150mg of sertraline thanks amanda
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte I suffer the same thing as you I to have been to see numerous drs and had blood test egs etc and all been fine it's haRd to believe that it's all just anxiety and maybe even a bit a panic there to that's causing all this but it is if you need to chat or talk to someone just inbox me I don't mind it's always helpfull to talk to someone who is knows exactly what your going threw I am still like this but as bad I have good days and bad days you just need to find a good thought In your everyday life and make that your good day I find yoga is very helpful for anxiety it relaxes the brain releases tension which is probably adding to chest pain amd shoulder and it also helps motivate you to
    • Posted

Hi sharon. This is awful I think ur right the more I seem to worry the worse the pain can get but once that thought is there it's hard to be rational with urself.

My problem is self motivation everyone keeps telling me exercise really helps but I'm in so much pain all i do when not working is worry

• Posted

Sorry to ask this but do you know the answer to my question I posted about Sertraline, Propranolol and Zopiclone? Sorry it's just I'm really worried about a lack of sleep due to anxiety sad
    • Posted

Can I take Zopiclone while I'm on Propranolol and Sertraline? And when you take tablets like Zopiclone how much time should you leave between taking the sleeping tablet and taking my last dose of Propranolol? (I take that at around 11:00pm but not on the dot)
  • Posted

Your cardiologist should have his licen se removed. you cant look at someone and say that. Yes an ekg would show issues as would blood pressure in terms of past damgae and bp in terms of risks. Im a bit taken back by this doctor to be so smug. I would think he should do a stress test..you walk on a treadmill long length of time hooked up to a machine. Im sorry for your exprience. I do not know what you explained upon meeting him though. I wiuld be ok if five doctors reviewed my heart at that point but never see the cardio guy, you need a different cardiologist that is not connected with any of the doctors you have seen. You could be labeled or profiled at this point. 
    • Posted

Well he had all my notes and test history I just told him what I'd been going through. He said that if my test had been even a little abnormal he would of considered doing more but at this point there is nothing wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.