Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I lost my memory and started with strong hradaches two years ago.

I'm taking lexapro 20 mg to help with anxiety and depresion. Now also having problems sleeping. Will anti-depressants help me with memory or will make it worse?

Does anybody had big memory problems with depresion? I really need somebody to tell me this is going to get better. Im traying to stay active, walking in the mornings, trying to relax, nothing seems to help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When did you start the Lexapro? You're memory might be a little foggy the first two weeks, but nothing extreme. You are also on a low dose. You're headaches triggered your memory loss? You're doing the right thing. Hang in there. Seems like you're doing all you can. 
    • Posted

Two months now with the lexapro. First was the memory loss, then the headaches as I can imagine they are a consecuence of the stress of forgetting things. Thanks
  • Posted

I too am suffering with memory loss as well as confusion, brain fog and just overall cognitive impairment. I have seen numerous doctors since my issues began over 14 months ago, and they all attribute it to my anxiety, depression, sleep apnea, and insomnia being uncontrolled. My issue is this, I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression for over 4 years, but have never been affected this severely cognitively. I literally cannot do anything, but lay in bed. If I do try and perform just basic everyday tasks it's like rocket science and extremely difficult. I just don't understand how it is possible for my symptoms to increase this severely?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.