Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please can someone give me some advice my partner has been passing bloody poo had camera up his bottom found 2 growths on his rectum said bowel was clear to big to remove took biopsy getting results Thursday has to have ct scan on Friday does this mean that it's cancer is that why he is having a scan general health ok not loosing weight eating well no pain he is 53 yrs old none smoker but likes a pint or two I'm at my wits end can't stop thinking about it reading everything about it please can someone help me sorry for going on but past myself don't know what else to do

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had results it's cancer of the rectum two growths 6cm in the rectum bowel was clear just waiting for scan results I'm devastated
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Linda it's been caught early so I hope you have a really great outlook and can be cured by your surgeon there's a great success rate for that type of cancer my thought are with you
    • Posted

So sorry to hear. But it's been caught early so outcome will be good. Thinking about you both. Xx
  • Posted

Thank you for your kind words means a lot , just had call from hospital with results from scans looking postive all clear looks like it's very early stages only slight problem is that small dot on liver but been told that possibility that it is a haemangioma so doing a mir just to double check but been reasured all is looking postive can't fault the team been brilliant on wards and up wards surgery going ahead in few weeks we will get through this once again thank you xx
    • Posted

My prayes will be with you all. We are here if you want to talk. Take care hugs Rose
    • Posted

Really pleased for you both Linda caught at an early stage is a great result there's some brilliant surgeons in Britain with a really high success rate and with you because you went to get it investigated early and treated quickly well you both can put a it behind you When it's done and enjoy the rest of your lives together good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.