Help

Posted , 14 users are following.

I feel like im literally on the brink!!!! No care in the world..... No interest in anything anymore!!!! I cant shake this feeling!!!!! I know i need help!!!! Someone please

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Darryl, hang in there! Tell us a bit more about what's going on for you.
  • Posted

Hello Darryl,

Please try to stop and think.  Coping is very hard.  Life is a cruel business.  We all feel as if we are on "the sinking ship", most of the time.  That is why many of us seek solace in alcohol.  

Tell a bit more about your circumstances, if you can.

I will help you with any advice and encouragement, that I can think of.

Keep Hope Alive !

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

this was hard seeing this from you only because my wife is named angel
    • Posted

Hey Darryl,

I am just a friend that you do not know very well, yet.

I am having a hard time of it, trying to reduce my ridiculous drinking level.

I am taking Selincro/Nalmefene to help reduce. 

I have made a mess of things... I am a sad, lonely, fallen angel.....

but I am not dead, yet.

You just hang on in there, too.  We are human beings... angels would cope so much better !

I hope that I helped...a bit.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

You always put such lovely posts on here Alonangel. Hope your journey is going well x
  • Posted

As ADEfree has said, we need a little more to go on.
  • Posted

For some reason I understand how you feel. Maybe once you give more info the advice will help me too. I'm curious too as to how you're feeling. PLEASE SHARE....
  • Posted

i GET you..and I get the pain.

​If you want to stop..its work..I have tried and tried...and what we have to do.....is try to the hardest point of trying.

• Posted

Nah if you were on the brink you wouldn't be sitting sending emails.  The only person you can rely on and trust in life is yourself.  You say you need help?  You don't need help from anyone, No one can help you but you and the sooner you start to love and believe in yourself the sooner you realise the only person you need is you and you already have all the answers within, you just need to reach inside and find them.  And when you find it then you will be kind to yourself and treat yourself with the love and respect you know you truly deserve.
    • Posted

I've been on here a few times feeling like I was going off the edge. I understand when you say we can only help ourselves but some of us rely on other people for support. Like being on here, inpatient therapy, outpatient therapy, group sessions, AA, etc....Even reading books on alcoholism and journaling can help. I suppose I should take my own advice on some of these but I do start outpatient therapy on Monday. I personally try to do a bit of both....help myself and lean on others for support. Also, sometimes we need others to help show there is good in us before we believe it ourselves. Just my experience.
  • Posted

yes Darryl more information and we are ready to listen and help you smile Robin
  • Posted

Hi Darryl, you are clearly in a dark place and feeling a lot of pain. I would urge you to see you doctor and explain what you've put here. I pray that you find light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Posted

10 year vet of the USMC 02-12.... 2 times to Iraq (march 03 and sept 05), once to Afghan feb 05'... On 2nd marriage which is on the verge of ending.... Bout to lose my job..... Only comfort i find is alcohol!!! Numbs everything so i dnt have to deal with any of it... And after that wears off i knw the problems are still going to be there so all i do is keep drinking.......
    • Posted

Called the crisis line today and put me in the phone with someone who was animated!!! Jus really need someone to talk to
    • Posted

I am married to a vetran also.  He was in Desert Storm which caused a lot of physical, mental and emotional problems.  We knew one another since high school but only started talking again in 2011.  His drug of choice was NOT alcohol although he did drink.  He was able to get off the other stuff but all of the problems were still there.  Do you have a VA in your area?  I know the one my husband goes to is nothing to brag about.  It took several changing of counselors until he found someone he was comfortable with.  I know the VA offers inpatient programs too.  I must say that he also has his own insurance through work and uses that see a medical doctor outside the VA.  There are certain medications that help him that the VA will not prescribe but they do help him.  He has my support and it don't go much further.  I'm curious as to your thoughts about going to VA for help.  But, I totally understand you.  I seen it with my husband.  The problems are still there.  Do not be one of those "22" ...... Please go get some help.  If you have a supporting wife let her help you.  My husband lost everything until he met me.  Lean on people and let them help you.  Like I said you can use the VA and a private medical doctor.  (that is if you have access to them).  I don't know your sitiuation there.  Please check back in and let me know how you are. 
    • Posted

Darryl, you can get rid of the alcohol without going cold turkey, and once you have that under control it will likely be easier to address the other issues. About how much per day are you drinking now? 
    • Posted

HI Darryl. The past is catching up with you for certain and I wist that I could give you a fast and easy solution but I cannot. For certain I do understand how drinking numbs the pain and don't we all!!?? You have many reasons to drink but it does not help you and only makes things worse...what can I say that has not bee said?? Seek help from others and this discussion can be a great help and I saw Kelly who has given a brilliant  reply since her partner is exactly like you....best of luck...Robin
    • Posted

Was that the "Veterans Crisis Line" (800 273-8255)?
    • Posted

PTSD. It's not nice. Get some help and medication from your doctor. Don't lose hope. You will feel better. I live with PTSD every day and I wasn't in Iraq or Afghanistan. I was raped. You need a diagnosis, counselling and your doctor to give you medication. I really hope you get help and feel better soon. Youve represented your country and deserve to be happy! God bless x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.