Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Meeting surgeon on Wednesday to discuss surgiry for underarms. Van anyone tell me what to expect of if they went through it. Very scared

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Surgery helps the ones they remove but they have to get all of the cystic material out or they will come back. My dermatologist said my tunnels had rock hard bottoms that she had to break up. Surgery also doesn't prevent new ones from forming. I have had several surgeries before.

Don't be scared, it feels so much better to get them out!

I found remission by finding and cutting out my food sensitivities.

Good luck and God bless!

• Posted

Hello I had surgery back in 2010. I had both arms. I didn't have a great experience due to while being intubated, some how I developed a staph infection. My disease doctor informed me that somehow the implements that were used had some type of bacteria on it. I spent 8 days I'm hospital with a MRSA infection. It healed up. The other side also got infect. I spent another 7 days in hospital. I had them done 2 months apart. Now I have lots of scars,and I still get the HS under one of my arms. I am considering Humira. I am not trying to frightened you, I am just sharing my experience. Everyone is different. Good luck and keep us updated.
  • Posted

Hello I had surgery back in 2010. I had both arms. I didn't have a great experience due to while being intubated, some how I developed a staph infection. My disease doctor informed me that somehow the implements that were used had some type of bacteria on it. I spent 8 days in the hospital with a MRSA infection. It healed up. The other side also got infected. I spent another 7 days in hospital. I had them done 2 months apart. Now I have lots of scars,and I still get the HS under one of my arms. I am considering Humira. I am not trying to frightened you, I am just sharing my experience. Everyone is different. Good luck and keep us updated.
  • Posted

Hello... have you had your surgery yet? I am waiting to be scheduled as well. One thing I have noticed and heard is that everyone is different and have different experiences. I am very afraid also, but I am willing to take the chance if it is going to help me feel better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.