Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was told over a year ago I had an enlarged spline after having pain for a while I thought it was just worry that was making me feel like this but to have that said to me I had a new problem to worry about. They then did all the usual tests. Urine, full bloods and they all came back normal and that eased my mind. But now little things have happened in my life just general stuff and now I think the results were wrong and I'm now stressing that there is something wrong with me and now too scared to go back to doctors and it's making me ill again somebody please help me!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare,

I have had an enlarged spleen before. Actually the spleen can enlarge up to three times its normal size - this is normal - and I believe usually a response to a virus.

You could ask for an ultrasound scan which was how they discovered I had a complication - a 'sub capsular splenic harm atoms' aka - a giant internal bruise caused by a little bleed from the spleen when it's enlarged. I'm not saying you have this but having a scan is a way of eliminating any physical ailments.

It takes courage to post here and it shows you have the courage to address your worries. Give yourself a pat on the back for that! It is worth going to your doctor again if it is still bothering you.

All that said it does sound like you have fallen into a cycle of worry on this point. Try some CBT to break the cycle of worry.

Hope that helps,

Best wishes,

Michael

• Posted

I had an ultra sound that's how they found it. And then he did the test which came back normal. I just keep thinking what if they were wrong

• Posted

There's nothing wrong with you. Your tests were normal.

• Posted

I know but then I read stuff on the Internet and I think did the doctor do that and test for this. It's a vicious circle and I can't get out of it.

• Posted

Hello clare

Do you feel the diagnosis of enlarged spine has snsitised your concerns regarding your health in general

When we go to see your GP, He/She arranges tests and if the results are clear that means clear and you need to accept that. If your GP thought  that markers have not been seen your health must be ok.so you need to move on. However people suffer anxiety cannot let their concernes rest they end up reading about these concerns and that will amplify your worries. This may not be the case here although I suppose it could be one pathway the patients may follow, 

BOB

• Posted

It's because I worry and then read stuff online that say it could be this or that and I then think would the doctor check for everything that could cause an an enlarged spleen I don't doubt he would and as I say he said my bloods were all normal and that was it.

• Posted

Hello clare

Glad you have accepted your tests, I sometimes wonder about some of my concerns as well

Always around

BOB

• Posted

I still don't know if I have I know that nothings got worse in the 1i months since I got the results and most days I'm fine it's when something stresses me and it all comes to the surface. A break up, a new relationship, someone betraying me and that's just the last 8 months but only since Sunday has it totally over took my life x

• Posted

Hi Clare,

Great news you had the tests and they came back clear. I'd go with that result. Sounds like you've experienced a lot of change and stress lately.

There's a model I've been using lately with my Therapist - Its called The Worry Tree. There are many versions if you google it - it might help you put aside your health worries for now. 

Best,

Michael

• Posted

I would feel the same Clare, if someone has not been truthful or has been causing you pain it is only natural you would give them a tounge lashing.

You need to be able to show anger that is part of life and if you feel betrayed that will bring out your negative side

Do not be hard on yourself remmber you are human and have feelings.

Remember however it is counterproductive to lash out at someone and hit them

BOB

• Posted

They did but it's hard to stop stressing and I've been substituting trying to calm down for alcohol and that's not good at all

• Posted

Thats called self medicating and as you say its not helpful... Have you tried writing in a personal diary, its a simple thing, but it can give some relief to worry also? 
    • Posted

Clair

Never have to calm down for alcohol, it sometimes is better trying to anticipate a dram

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.