Help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im a 40 year old ckd stage 5 patient. I was just diagnosed recently and my doctor told me that i need to undergo dialysis or a kidney transplant asap. Im in need of a donor. Im from the philippines. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

What a shock this news must be for you, to find out in one step that you are already stage 5.  In the uk we are able to ask family and friends to get tested, however it is strictly veted and if at any point there is any hint of money talk or the fact you may be putting pressure on the doner the process is stopped.  We also need to apply for a transplant licence in which all involved are interviewed (I found it more like an interogation, but I understand why it was this way, its quite harsh) only when they are satisfied they will allow a licence.  Even if we have a doner we still have to go on the doner list, you can be on that list for between 3 and 7 years before you get a suitable match.  Do you have processes like this where you live? I would speak with your doctor and see, either way as you are at stage 5 you need to prepare yourself for a stint on dialysis as finding a doner doesn'y happen that quick as there are many tests for all involved. Good luck I hope you find a doner soon.

• Posted

Thank you. I was feeling anxious for days now that sleep doesnt come to me. Im so scared of my condition and kept on thinking what the doctors had told me. I have 2 siblings who are quite willing to be my donor. I just hope theyre the perfect match because i dont want to be on dialysis for a long time. For the meantime, i asked for you to please pray for me for strenght and courage to undergo the treatment. God bless you.
    • Posted

Hi,

Your family don't have to be a perfect match nowadays, they just need to be the same blood group (This is important) an ok tissue match and make sure their antibodies will be compatible with yours.  The antirejection drugs you will take for life will take care of the rest.  It is hard not to worry but I have had kidney failure, dialysis and a transplant and I am still here and feel so much better, you just have to keep in mind that when it is all over you will feel so much better.  You will find the courage to get through this you will see.

• Posted

hi helen

my husband same blood group as mine. and he willing to be my donor.

but i just afraid i am too weak to accept as my lupus is quite active and i have low immulogobin.

currently i am taking iv cyclo and ivig. reall headache.

• Posted

You are young so I certainly would advise you to do everything your doctors suggest. If you are unable to find a donor right away, you can do dialysis until a donor is available.  I've known people who have had a kidney transplant and also dialysis.  Your best bet for a long life is a transplant.

• Posted

You can maybe try medical tourism. Someone close used it and avoided the long waiting list.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.