Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I started orlistat just over 5 weeks ago, I lost 13lbs in my first month at doctors weigh in, nothing last week, home weigh in and 2lbs so far this week, is this normal?

feeling like it's slowed down massively, I had a day last week when I didn't  take my pills as we went to a wedding, could that be the reason for no loss last week??

eating well with very little if no side affects of the pills, so not sure how to boost the weight loss, any help be gratefully received! X

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo, being honest I have no idea how these pills really work because I've had weeks where I shouldn't have done well & lost like 4lbs followed by a week where I've been 100% to plan & had rubbish results. I do think it maybe slows down but there are so many variables that will effect things like water retention etc. Some people prefer to look at the end of month total loss. I have to see my GP at the beginning of each month to chart my progress for the month just gone - 10 weeks in & I've lost 2st 1lb & I only lost 8lbs last month so it's swings & roundabouts. Remember, your target us 5% of you start weight in 3 months to continue them & if you lose more that's fantastic x

• Posted

Wow, that's amazing! Well done, it's just a bit disheartening isn't it, when ur following a good eating plan and it doesn't seem to be shifting. Sure it will, I'm just impatient lol!!

got rather a long journey ahead and mostly enjoying it to be honest, just the odd few moments when I waver, but been really good. 

And I agree, the first 3 weeks I wasn't following it properly yet I lost more! Weird! X

• Posted

That's great cath well done, it funny I have been really good last week really cut out the bread yet I hardly lost anything, hopefully I will this week , 

good luck 

• Posted

I know what you mean but you need to remember that it took time to get to where we are (I started at 28st 1lb!) so it's going to take time to get to where we want...and its a damn sight harder getting the weight off than putting it on more's the pity.

You're on the right track just by doing something & further still by using these forums for support. It's too hard to do it alone so check in here as often as you can. Most of us are here daily & we post about our weekly results, recipes, meal ideas & anything else we can think of!! x

• Posted

thanks, it's nice to know I'm not alone, 'it's hard when ur being good, taking the meds and the scales don't budge... love the forum, great to know others are going thru the same things as me!!

x

• Posted

Hi jo34964 , I'm the same I'm on my third week now and following the SlimmingWorld eating plan, I do take a lot of medication doctor thinks that's my problem but I cant stop the medication, so I'm just sticking with it, I'm eating a lot of fruit and veggies, 

• Posted

that sucks, I'm lucky on that score as on no other meds, long road ahead, let's keep going!!! X

• Posted

Yes that is the way forward, it will take time bit we can all help each other with hints and tips that work for us but they might not help everyone as we are all different but we can support each other

Good luck

Loraine x

• Posted

I agree some weeks I lose a good amount of weight and other weeks I maintain. I've been on orislat for6 weeks and I've lost 1 stone. I haven't had any side effects but I did my measurements today and I've put on inches.

I don't understand how I weigh less but have increased in size.

• Posted

It isn't demoralising isn't it? I refuse to give up and will keep going and really hate playing the numbers game with the scales but know its necessary. Love these forums, helps keep things real! Thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.