Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any suggestions on how to get things moving? I had surgery tues. Had a small amount of diarriah wed morn and a really small amount Thur morn. I have had enough food that I think I should have atleast had my first bm by now. I take stool softener eve time I take a pain pill along with lots of liquids. I do feel the urge more coming on that I need to empty my bowels with now passing has which is a sign that things are moving right? I'm just terrified that I'm impacted or constipated. What the best route to get things moving? Should I take merilax at this point of just continue the stool softners?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

What stool softener are you taking and how much? You may need more. Drink lots and lots of water. In the early stages I was taking one sachet of Laxido at night that did the trick.
    • Posted

Try adding Lactulose It is a stool softener. It is very much a case of trial and error because everyone is different. It just had to be soft to allow you to heal. Dulcolax gives me such cramps I had to give up on it.
  • Posted

Smoothies have helped me. 

As well as laxatives, I grab a whole bunch of spinach, kale, banana, apple and milled seeds, throw it in a blender with some substitute milk and blitz.

I have that for breakfast, some soup or porridge for lunch and a bean/rice meal for dinner. Full of fibre that should help you - as well as the laxatives - have a BM. 

• Posted

Hi there I take 20ml lactulouse morning and evening alongside a sachet of fibregel and I have not had a problem with opening my bowels.
  • Posted

Sure take Miralax AND more water! I find it easier to just "chug" a full glass than to carry it around with me as if I'm gona drink it. Get it down and make room for more. 

• Posted

I did finally have a bm today yesterday was my first it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated I found the standing a squaring works the best for me. Now that everything seemed all fine and dandy yesterday. I woke up this morning with a overwhelming urge to have a bm. Now mind you I have went a lot 4 times in the last hour the first time wasn't so bad it was the 3 times after the last being the worst as my bum has swollen immensely after the last bowel movement. It's awfully discouraging you think your doing good and you take a couple steps back. Not feeling sick persue just eeeh. Going to soak in a rosin sitz and ice my bum hopefully it feels better. Been trying to kick the pain meds as they cause constipation trying to mange to pain without it being blocked. Anywho thanks everyone any tips are always helpful. Oh also I have noticed another external hemroid I've heard this can happen and will go away when your all healed? Has anyone encountered this? I sooo don't want to have another one have this NEW external hemroid removed

• Posted

Im having the same problem day 2 ... drinking water , stool softeners, and mirolax every hour. I gotta go so bad it hurts but nothing comes when i push and i dont wanna overdo it. 😔 almost wish i hadnt had the procudure

• Posted

I didn't have a bm movement until day 4. Just keep drinking your water and taking your stool softners and medamucil. It's very uncomfortable I know but when your body is ready you will go trust me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.