Help? 5months post hemmoroid surgery and I’m still in excruciating pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I had my procedure for prolaspe hemmoroid surgery on 6/23 (5months ago) and am still feeling excruciating pain when I had a bowel movement. I did everything recommended, eat a high fiber diet, drink plenty of fluids, exercise,  take stool softener, do sitz bath.   My doctor says there is nothing more that he can do and he didn’t want to perscribe me any pain medication for fear that I may get an addiction.  I don’t know what to do; I can’t continue to suffer this pain as my quality of life has dramatically changed.

Has anyone had a long recovery period? I want to know that I am not alone. What has helped?

Thanks for any comforting words and help as I take each day one at a time.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the same thing after hemmoroidectomy, and was diagnosed anal fissure at four month post op. So the pain is from anal fissure. Sorry - it was disheartening! 
  • Posted

Hi

I was advised not to stress too much for excercise.

Avoid straining activities.

Hope things will get better soon

• Posted

Here are some suggestions for an anal fissure that may still apply in your situation:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.