Help! 6 weeks post Lap Ventral Mesh Rectopexy an panicking!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is there anyone else who's had this op for prolapse. I'm worried there's something wrong. I am still getting lots of pain in my vagina and rectum when I walk and try and do normal stuff. It's been 6 weeks since the surgery and I really want my life back. Maybe this is normal recovery and I should just keep laying down? If anyone can give advice I would appreciate it.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm only 5 weeks po and sometimes i get that if i do to much walking you have to a little bit at a time same with sitting resting is the only thing that helps and you to do it often hope this helps

• Posted

You are still at an early stage and the deeper sutures are still healing. Please take it easy, it’s not easy to get over a prolapse op. And harder when you’ve have a rectopexy.

It takes months to get anywhere near recovery. Yes lie down and rest when you need to. The pain is your bodies way of telling you to rest more.

• Posted

Just like Ruth, be horizontal as much as possible it takes about 3 to 4  months to start to feel a little more normal Margarete

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.