HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 19yrs old and anxiety is taking over my life daily. It has me afraid to do anything. I'm scared to go places because I think something will happen to me . Every time my symptoms act up it make me crawl into bed . While home I can't get up orbwalk around forblong because of my symptoms. My symptoms aren't severe but it scares me and make me go get back in bed . I mimic heart attack symptoms out the blue alot even tho I'm not having a panic attack . I just want to live life again . I know have an interview for a decent paying job but I'm scared to take it because of my anxiety . ANY HELP. I also take klonopin and prozac .

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lady, your suffering typical anxiety symptoms and anxiety behaviours. How long have you been on the medication? 

Being scared of the anxiety symptoms just makes your anxiety worse and hiding away in bed isn't a good way of coping with it.

Anxiety symptoms can mimic a heart attack but just put it down to anxiety. 

My advise is to do a few little things like take a short walk even if it's only 5 minutes, make something simple to eat, small things to do that's all.

You could also benefit from some talking therapy CBT to give you some skills to deal with your anxiety.

Im in a similar boat over a job application I've made and I feel horrible about it.

Try not to keep crawling back to bed as a way of coping, if you can't set yourself a challenge to stay out if bed for 15 minutes when your anxiety flares.

Try and keep relatively busy by setting yourself some daily targets like cleaning your bedroom even if it's just for 5 minutes, I make sure I have something to do everyday and it helps.

You will get through this, keep telling yourself that your not mad,my our not bad and you will get better.

Neil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.