Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please tell me people don’t die from this.  Had my thyroid out exactly a year ago.  It has been a roller coaster ride since.  I’m back and forth between hyper and hypo.  Am currently on 100 mg of thyroxine.  I see GP monthly and can usually only say “I’m just sick” all the time.  Symptoms are so varied and sometime so vague I don’t know what they are exactly.   My mind says go and do but my body doesn’t cooperate.  Tingling sensations in chest.  Tightness in throat and chest.  Chills or excessive sweating.  Weight gain.  Any suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

keep reading all the posts regarding levothyroxine on this site we are all having the same problems all the symptoms you have I have.  I am taking my medication at night and that helped for a while.  Others who know more about this will ask for your last blood tests and advise accordingly.  Stay strong you are not alone smile

• Posted

Thanks for reply Christine.  I should have said levothyroxine.  I’ve heard where some do better on name brand instead of generic for some meds but haven’t seen that discussion here.  My Doc is willing to try anything so maybe that should be next.
  • Posted

Hi

I am on 100/175 alternate days When I collect my prescription I ask that it is the same manufacturer for 25,75 & 100 every little helps 

• Posted

Has your weight or diet fluxuated before the gain?  I notice a rapid change in my response to thyroid medication depending on my diet (usually grain free, no soy or gluten) and weight.  When I gain even a little bit of weight (from eating more carbs) I feel very hypo but feel hyper when I mange to lose weight.  Have you tried a thyroid support supplement with selenium, methyl B12, and zinc?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.