Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Basically I have the feeling of a lump sensation for over five months in my throat now been to ENT who said it was nothing to worry about as camera shown nothing in throat however modules were found on my thyroid he also said this is nothing to worry about. However the painless lump sensation has now turn really uncomfortable with upper back pain and a funny tingling sensation on my tongue this happens every day, as you can imagine it’s very scary plus with the constant chest pains it also brings it’s not nice I have been to ENT twice both times said nothing I’m going back next week because someone mentioned it could be acid reflux I have been reading more about it and I do have the same symptoms but does acid reflux really hurt this bad plus it’s here everyday ...... help 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Iv read many forums on these symptoms and many have the same as you and they have been diagnosed with acid reflux as I have. But I have the sikent. Look up globus. It too is a feeling of lump in throat. Iv had that roo. To the point it actually felt at times like someone was strangling me. I find stress mostly causes it..acid also can irritate throat when eating spicy foods causing lump to appear more prevalent..breathing excercises helped me as well..I had globus for about 6 months and then whn I made myself relax and not worry as bad ovr health issues, it went away..hoping u find answers and can stress less..take care
    • Posted

Yes it started of with the lump sesation five months ago and has got worse from there,, I have definitely got the globus symptoms I’m going to look more into it thank you 
  • Posted

Consult a gastroenterologist. My GERD symtoms started with sinus pain, mucous in throat with the occasional heartburn. When I went to the ENT she claimed I had a sinus infection and put me on a antibiotic course and there was no improvement at all. I went to a gastroenterologist who diagnosed me with GERD due to lax cardia with no sign of any infection.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer

Unfortunately Acid Reflux can be the cause of your mentioned symptoms, I have suffered now for nearly 3 years but slowly over this time I am able to control the worse of it. I do this by trying not to eat trigger foods, no coffee and very little alcahol. Anxiety is also bad for this so do try and relax (easier said than done sometimes. I also take 2 PPI's each day which I find beneficial. Hopefully you will find your own way of living with this.

All the best to you

Robin

• Posted

Yeah I have really bad anxiety only brought in recently though,, it’s crazy how your body reacts I’m really hoping it is just acid reflux then I can learn how to deal with it, it’s just been very scary like today my back is burning with the pain. And the headaches are unreal hopefully get more answers next week I have given coffee up and not a drinker so will keep looking at what’s best to help thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.