help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hate writing these posts because I never know where to start..I hope this will be my last one..anyway. I keep waking up in the middle of the night with both of my arms feeling SO weird and it freaks me out so bad..you know when you were younger and you'd first wake up and try to clench your fist?? it's like a weird tickley feeling somewhere between limp and light..I feel it in both arms and through the entire arm..I'm tired of being scared. I'm getting to the point where I don't care if I die anymore. I've wasted so many years just worrying about things that's never happen. last week it was kidney disease and now it's MS. I was very reluctant to take meds for so long because reading your guys posts knowing sometimes it doesn't help. but I'm running out of options...anyway - has anyone else felt this way?? really thinking about going back to the Dr and asking about MS...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

. I went back to the doctor who sent me to a neurologist. He took 10 blood tests A head and neck MRI scan and then tests on muscles and nerves with small electric currents ( not painful ) . He also did full physical on me and I will get the results on 30 of this month.  He has also put me on vitamin B compound strong pills to be taken three times daily. I certainly think that it would be wise to fix up to see a neurologist  Best to get to the bottom of it. All the best Rhodri.
    • Posted

how do I proceed with that? don't you have to have a DR recommendation? I tell my Dr my symptoms and he says it's anxiety (I've been to a handful of drs) 😥😥😥

• Posted

Shayy,

I understand your call for help because I have been there.  Know that you are stronger than you think.  I suffer from a host of "little understood" illnesses, most of them involve burning pain.  My head burns and I feel strange, electrical sensations by simply laying my head on my pillow.  I've explained it to my doctors that I feel like I have a mild electricity running through me.  It took me years before someone told me that nerve injuries are often described this way. Do not assume the worst, just because you don't know what is wrong, don't give up.  Scientists are understanding more and more everyday.  

I made it through the tough years by doing research.  I have found that PhDs have much more to say about these little understood conditions that doctors do.  Doctors want to be able to run a test, do lab work, etc. and if they can't find anything, then they don't know how to help you.  I can tell you first-had that nerve conduction testing will not pick up damage to small fiber nerve damage. If what you have is some kind of nerve damage, you may respond to gabapentin.  It is an inexpensive drug without harmful side effects.  Some doctors don't give a high enough dose for it to make a difference.  If the doctors considers that this may be a neuropathic issue, he will probably start you on a small does of 300 mg and increase it every 5 days or so until the dose is high enough to show results.  They take it up slow because some people get dizzy.  I take a very high dose of 4,800 because of the burning pain, but most people take a dose of half that amount.  

My niece goes through this.  She will call crying asking what's wrong with her.  I remind her that every day is not as bad as it is at that moment.  She will have good days and bad days.  You will finally get the right medications.  It took me years and while I still hurt, I still have strange sensations, I know that I respond well to gabapentin.

Best to you, you are not alone.

• Posted

thank you for your reply! yes Im not sure how to see any Dr's because I thought you need recommendations and I finally got one to an ENT but it took me months to even get that far sad I wish they had a special machine that would scan me of everything!!!

• Posted

It is sleep paralysis. It causes you to not be able to clinch your fists right after you awake but after time like 20 or 30 minutes up to an hour after awakening you are able to. It wont hurt you. I have had since I was young on and off. It comes and goes depends on if you are really tired and stressed. Get better sleep.
    • Posted

how do I get better sleep? I've had actual sleep paralysis where I could only move my eyes..scary stuff..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.