HELP

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have totally convinced myself I have leukemia. 

For about 14 months now I have had this mystery illness that has been crippling and no one can figure it out.

My symptoms include..

1. Heart palpitations (a lot)

2. Racing heart

3. Nausea and vomiting 

4. Hot flashes 

5. Dizziness 

6. Fatigue 

7. Abdominal pain and burning 

8. Sharp chest pain and burning 

9. Head pressure and headache 

10. Lots of random bruising 

11. Small red dots on soft palate 

12. Recently I can’t stop getting sick like sore throats and chest and nose congestion

13. Achy bones and muscles 

14. Swollen lymph nodes 

I am so scared because on top of the frequent infections, bruising, and red spots, I have other symptoms as well. I have had so many blood tests since this happened and a spinal tap along with other heart tests and gastro tests but nothings has come up. Is it possible since my last blood test that leukemia can pop up??? I just don’t know what to do. I’m in so much pain all of the time...

I am a 21 female who genuinely believes that she is dying...

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I’ve also noticed three small cups on my hand that are having a hard time going away. My blood tests have all come back fine so far. It’s it possible that leukemia wouldn’t show up in them??
  • Posted

Oh dear,,, what are we going to do with you ???? You really have to get out more ,find some friends and bury all your "Symptoms " You are just one unhappy person, who needs lots of hugs ..

• Posted

Go to the Doctor girl, usually depending on the leukemia, which I have. Symptoms are caused by blood counts, for instance if your tired, dizzy, fast heart, your anemic, brusing, bleeding, nosebleeds, petechiae little red freckle like bruises, ECT then your platelets are low, getting sick all the time, taking forever to get over common colds, you guessed it white blood cells.

Leukemia can show up out of the blue but that's because it was probably a chronic leukemia for years, or MDS. You should always get checked out asap if your having General feelings of being sick. Get back to the doctor and ask for more blood test.

• Posted

I have same symptoms as you, I had blood test and every other test you can imagine and everything comes back normal. They say I’m just easy bruising since I’m pale. They say I’m nauseas and dizzy with headaches from sinus, they also said it can cause nausea. I’m on your same boat. I feel crazy like I’m dying and no one believes me but I’m pretty sure I am not and I am being a huge hypochondriac. I’ve suffered from severe anxiety and sadly anxiety can convince you to be nauseas as well. Good luck 🙏🏻

• Posted

I imagine if you had an acute leukaemia for 14 months you'd be very dead by now. 

It seems you have a lot of medical based anxiety and I imagine you're working yourself up into thinking you have these things so much they become real, if you constantly checking your lymph nodes and thinking about your heart rate you're going to create benign symptoms. 

Go to the doctor get them to take every test you need for them and you to KNOW you're not unwell and then ask for some anxiety medication and then either way you'll know if you're dying and the medication will help you not be constantly concerned about what could happen. 

• Posted

How are you? I'm in the same boat. Can't stop thinking about leukaemia. I'm so scared. What don't you go n do a biopsy?

• Posted

I know this is an old discussion but I am in exactly the same boat! I came up with a large purple bruise one day and googled and instantly thought I had leukemia, the bruise faded but I slowly started to experience other symptoms of leukemia , I had a fever and stomach pain which sent me to a&e , they did blood tests and everything was fine, I then went to my doctors to have more blood tests and they found glandular fever, after this I was still scared to death by leukemia so I paid for a private blood test, the results came back normal for this but I am will scared as my gums bleed easily sometimes

• Posted

I 'm feeling sure this is not leukemia but am struck by your symptoms which were similar to mine with auto immune disease. No certain blood tests sadly but there can be hints at underlying issues in esr crp and ana tests. There are a lot of things which can cause these kind of symptoms. Cancer should not be the first port of call for your mind to jump to. It's just we don't often hear about the others! Symptoms can be vague and widespread of auto immune disease (of which there are many) that is why it is difficult often to diagnose. But if you're feeling really unwell get back to your gp and discuss the possibilities with them and ask for full blood tests including the above to be done. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.