HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mom found out after taking her medication for a week and feeling extremely terrible that the pharmacy had mistakenly added 60 amlodipine 10 mg to her bottle of Lasix 40 mg. Very freaked out by this incident I tried to get her to go to the ER ASAP; however she refused. So what I did was that her to drink a glass of milk. Was this the right thing to do should I call the ambulance?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That’s a dreadful error on the part of the pharmacist.  If your Mum is refusing to seek advice from a doctor, can you not do so on her behalf, at least to give you some reassurance.  At least, on checking, there don’t appear to be any contraindications between the two medicines.  I would think the two medications taken together could reduce blood pressure to too low levels if not needed.  It would be wise to test her blood pressure if you haven’t already done so.  Plus get her to drink lots of water to flush the medication out of her system.   I do hope she is ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.