Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I have suffered reflux for on off 6 years. For most of the time I'm on 30mg lansoprazole twice a day. I suffer bad stress and anxiety that makes it bad.

Yesterday I was in agony and found I had a small kidney stone which I now need to wee out. The thing is though I've found out PPI and gaviscon can cause kidney stones. What do I do. I am very stressed and suffering reflux as I type

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary, I'm on 30g lansoprazole once a day morning time which helps, but my reflux is bad after dinner time maybe I need twice a day. You could ask your doctor for maybe 15 mg and a 30 mg which might help with avoiding kidney stones and other side effects .

• Posted

Hi Gary, I sympathize with you, I suffer acute Anxiety and stress for over 50 plus years, I was forced to A&E yesterday by wife and GP! More or less useless as usual! That is a high dose of PPI'S you're on, I was put on 80mg a day, and was told by 2 pharmacist quote that dose will kill you!!!! Iv posted this before, but Google low stomach acid, its stating impossible to produce to much acid, quit the opposite, as we get older we produce less acid, so the food fermenting in your stomach mimicking acid reflux. As far as Anxiety and stress goes mate? I can share my experience and coping mechanism if you want. 

• Posted

Any help with anxiety would be gratefully received. I'm really worried about my PPI use but without them I'm burning and burping all day. What can I take instead? I'm really worried about all this and my kidney stones problem.

• Posted

How often do you take zantac and gaviscon. Also, is that with taking a lower dose of PPI?
  • Posted

Can I take things like valerian root to try and calm me down?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.